+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 313
Thread: NCAA Tournament Thread
03-11-2012 06:19 PM #1
NCAA Tournament Thread
Post any and all thoughts here. Let this just be a running thread about all things NCAA Tournament.
Tough region for dook.
03-11-2012 06:21 PM #2
Damn FLA gets overseeded last year and underseeded this year. Iona getting in is a big surprised but I'm glad that Machado gets a chance to play in the big dance.
03-11-2012 06:22 PM #3
That West region is pretty bad. Michigan State is the worst #1 seed IMO, they got Iona in there and Marquette isn't a GREAT 3.
Missouri should win this region IMO.
03-11-2012 06:32 PM #4
Texas getting in is somewhat of a shock.
Florida State moved up from a 5-6 seed to a 3 because of the last two days.
03-11-2012 06:43 PM #5
03-11-2012 06:46 PM #6
Ohio is gonna jack Michigan up!
03-11-2012 10:29 PM #7
03-11-2012 11:03 PM #8
Anybody else got Vandy in the final four?? Things are set up pretty well for my Hoyas. I also have UNLV in the elite eight. Gotta love the tournament!
03-11-2012 11:40 PM #9
I'll fill out my bracket tomorrow after more research but my early final 4 is Kentucky, North Carolina, Missouri and Florida State.
03-11-2012 06:55 PM #10
03-11-2012 07:03 PM #11
1) Duke and Kentucky could play on 20th anniversary of Laettner shot...you are telling me that isn't thought about?
2) I think Kansas got the easiest draw of ANY #1 or #2 seed to get to elite 8...but their first round game is going to be tough. Detroit is for real and Ray McCallum was a top 50 recruit that chose to go to a small school.
3) Look at the potential second round matchups for the top teams:
Kentucky vs UCONN
Memphis vs MSU
Mizzou vs Florida
Cuse vs K State
4) I have Wichita St in sweet 16 but tough to have them beat Kentucky...but if Kentucky loses, WSU will be in elite 8.
5) UNC's second round matchup will either be against a team that can score but not defend or a team that can defend but not score. If I am them, I don't want Alabama who is very athletic and can really defend.
03-11-2012 07:26 PM #12
03-11-2012 08:13 PM #13Plus Member Hall of Fame
- Join Date
- Sep 2003
- New Jersey
Excited to see IU in the tourney again.
Wichita State/IU should be a really good game. I think both are inside KenPom top 15. Not complaining. Just happy to be here. Let's lace them up and play.
A tough road for Kentucky, IMO. Almost guaranteed to have to go through UConn, one of Wichita State/IU, and Baylor/Duke (would be an excellent game).
03-16-2012 09:44 PM #14
03-16-2012 09:45 PM #15
Already such an epic day. I hesitate to use terms like that, but come on.