+ Reply to Thread

The Walking Dead

Well, the show certainly has no qualms killing off main characters, does it? I'm not surprised that Shane was killed off this season, considering his character in the comic book died much earlier. Dale's death shocked the hell out of me though. Then again, Dale was sleeping with Andrea in the comic book, so the producers definitely don't mind switching it up.

The finale should be good this coming weekend. According to Entertainment Weekly, expect some more characters to bite the big one. I just hope the redneck isn't one of them, as he's my favorite character.

I'll just be happy once then get off the f'n farm!

It will be interesting to see how this show fares without him. His character had the most edge to him, IMO, and you nnever quite knew what he would do next. The others, for the most part, you pretty much know what they will say or how they will act.

But I agree getting off the farm can only help as should adding in The Governor next season.

Hooded Viper is offline Plus Member Since September 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    So I guess they all have the virus and it turns them when they die?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Viper View Post
    So I guess they all have the virus and it turns them when they die?
    I had heard that a while back and it seems to be confirmed (twice) with this episode. Gotta smash them heads.

PaulFolk is offline Senior Moderator Hangout Staff Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    The showdown between Rick and Shane was a great scene. Very suspenseful. Well directed. And I'm glad to see Rick have the guts to, well, gut Shane. Rick's been too wishy-washy, even the previous week when he couldn't kill Randall or put Dale out of his misery. Hopefully this is the start of a new Rick.

I don't quite understand how, if Rick and Shane were wandering through the woods for a long time until they got to a secluded spot, that Carl could just randomly show up. Unless Shane brought them back close to the farm, which would defeat the purpose of luring Rick into the woods to kill him. Also, doesn't anyone watch Carl?

Heard some spoilers about the finale. If you're interested, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulFolk View Post
    Also, doesn't anyone watch Carl?

Did anyone else notice that Carl had his gun drawn and pointed in Rick's direction BEFORE Shane was re-animated? This kid's a real nuisance and will hopefully end up as a zombie appetizer before long.

NewMarketSean is offline Plus member Since 05/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I have been hot and cold with the show since the beginning of this season. Most of the characters are "blah" and whine too much. I also felt like the plot with Sofia was too drawn out, but how they wrapped it up was pretty powerful. Since then, the show has been solid. The last two episodes have been great and I feel like the writers really went for it, which is something they hadn't done in the past. I really didn't know what was going to happen between Shane and Rick in that scene, but after remembering that Lori apologized to Shane it didn't take a whole lot to know who was going to die there. I was also confused about Shane coming back, but I guess they will all come back if they are not disposed of properly? Anyway, I hope they take the show in a new direction next season, add in some more complex characters because I am pretty tired of the dynamic they have now.

I'm pretty sad that Sunday is the last episode of the season.

PaulFolk is offline Senior Moderator Hangout Staff Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Great finale. I think everyone is happy to see them finally leave the farm. Though I kind of thought we'd see a more significant character killed off, not just the two no-name background characters. I expected Hershel to die.

I was thrilled to see Michonne make her debut, even if only as a shadowy hooded figure for now. She's a great character in the comic.

Based on the last shot, it looks like season 3 will take place at the prison. Again, that should be good news, if the comic is any indication.

That's it till the fall. I'm going to have to read the comics.

NewMarketSean is offline Plus member Since 05/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Rick went all Shane on the survivors. Loved that scene.