+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    Clearly. I wonder how far he will go?
    Wow good job Mr Hunter.

PaulFolk is offline Senior Moderator Hangout Staff Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Hunter gets out of trouble with a flyout and a GIDP. Inning over.

2-2 game after 3 1/2.

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    DP ends the inning quickly. Maybe Hunter will pitch the 5th after all.

NCRaven is offline Plus Member since 11/05 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
    If he is, I hope it's because we are putting our 5th starter up against the other team's TOR in order to get a better matchup later. I still think Hunter is better off as a reliever and will be before the season is out.
    Unless Britton gets healthy or Tillman learns to get major league hitters out consistently, I think Hunter is one of our five best starters. Not saying a lot, but I think he's likely to be better than Wada, Eveland, Galarraga, or Bergesen as our fifth starter. If we could get some value for him and/or Hammel at the trade deadline, I'd be very happy.

PaulFolk is offline Senior Moderator Hangout Staff Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reynolds flies out to start the 4th, and that's it for Doug Drabek's son. He gave up 2 runs, 3 hits, 2 walks, and had 3 strikeouts in 3 1/3 innings.

Luis Perez replaces him and retires Reimold on a comebacker. Two down.

Davis grounds to first. Inning over.

On to the 5th in a 2-2 game.

clapdiddy is offline Plus Member Since 02/03 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I must be one of the only posters on the board that thinks Hunter is going to be a decent starting pitcher this season. Certainly not a #1 starter, but he will keep us in games and give us innings.

Quote Originally Posted by clapdiddy View Post
    I must be one of the only posters on the board that thinks Hunter is going to be a decent starting pitcher this season. Certainly not a #1 starter, but he will keep us in games and give us innings.
    I thought I picked him for opening day? He will be ok. I think he will be as good as Guthrie was.

Tommy Hunter is indeed pitching the 5th. He retires McCoy on a comebacker.

MarylandAaron is offline Plus Member since 10/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by clapdiddy View Post
    I think so too. Although his stuff is very hittable, he pounds the strike zone and mixes up his pitches well enough to keep opposing hitters off balance. There is a lot to be said for a pitcher who throws strikes consistently.

Davis also grounds out, but Hunter can't complete his first perfect inning. Omar Vizquel rises from the grave to lash a double.

Arencibia flies out to strand the runner.

Hunter is presumably done for the day. In his Grapefruit League debut, he pitched 5 innings, with 5 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts.

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Roch tweet:
    SI predicts that the #orioles will finish last in the AL East. Continue to breathe normally.
    The man is funny.

MarylandAaron is offline Plus Member since 10/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Very respectable numbers for Hunter on his first game back.