+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    PaulFolk is offline Senior Moderator Hangout Staff Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Lind gets plunked. Patton's a bit wild today. Runners at the corners, two outs.

PaulFolk is offline Senior Moderator Hangout Staff Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Francisco lines out to short, and the O's escape the jam.

Still 3-2 Orioles heading to the bottom of the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulFolk View Post
    Francisco lines out to short, and the O's escape the jam.

Still 3-2 Orioles heading to the bottom of the 8th.
    Thanks for the great PBP.

Yeah, but I'm not going to be thrilled if the O's lose an out-of-options guy like Strop or Patton because their roster spots are taken by Ayala, Eveland, Lindstrom, Gregg, etc.
    Especially Strop. I like Patton, but with Wada and Eveland he might not have a spot on the team on opening day and I see him as being a bit redundant to Phillips as well. The Orioles should release Gregg before risk losing Strop.

grimed1 is offline Plus Member Since March 2010 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Three runs. It's an offensive juggernaut.

Ex-Oriole Jim Hoey now pitching for the Blue Jays. I didn't know he was on the Jays now. The Orioles really swindled the Twins in that Hardy trade, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
    Especially Strop. I like Patton, but with Wada and Eveland he might not have a spot on the team on opening day and I see him as being a bit redundant to Phillips as well. The Orioles should release Gregg before risk losing Strop.
    Roch on Hunter
    Hunter threw 74 pitches, 44 for strikes. His fastball was mainly 89-91 mph.
    It isn't always pretty with Hunter, but manager Buck Showalter likes how he grinds through a start and gives his team a chance to win.
    The Blue Jays put at least one runner on base in every inning. Travis Snider and Yan Gomes had back-to-back doubles in the second to wipe out the Orioles' 1-0 lead. Catcher J.P. Arencibia homered with one out in the third - a long drive to left field - and Snider led off the fourth with a walk.

Also, Rick VandenHurk was claimed off waivers by Cleveland from Toronto.

Lind gets plunked. Patton's a bit wild today. Runners at the corners, two outs.
    Patton didn't help his cause today. He needed to show he can get left-handers out and he walks Gose and then hits Lind. Plus Gose stole two bases off him.

Reputation Reputation
    Ex-Oriole Jim Hoey now pitching for the Blue Jays. I didn't know he was on the Jays now. The Orioles really swindled the Twins in that Hardy trade, huh?
    Best trade DD ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
    I think the Mets could use Gregg and 4.5 million dollars about now.

Quote Originally Posted by grimed1 View Post
    Best trade DD ever made.

Now now. You know that was the Andy Man.

Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    I think the Mets could use Gregg and 4.5 million dollars about now.
    Naw,they have Madoff claims to pay.

MarylandAaron is offline Plus Member since 10/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    We totally scammed the Twins on that one. It's was/is a head-scratcher as to why Minnesota accepted that trade.

Quote Originally Posted by grimed1 View Post
    Best trade AM ever made.
    Fixed that for you

Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    Now now. You know that was the Andy Man.
    He mixes in some good trades
    But his free agents were not enough to make the O's make ground.