+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Danielos38 is offline Plus member since 5/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Stoglin Returning For Another Year (Via Twitter)

According to Terrell Stoglin's twitter, he's returning for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by tstoglin12
    @tstoglin12: Back for another season Terpnation!
    This is huge news for next season. Stoglin is going to get more open looks and have more passing options with all of the bigs we have coming in next year. He's got a good chance to become a more complete player and get more NBA ready. He's making a smart decision. I'm sure Turgeon aided in this.

All I can say is:

This is news of a good nature. He should be in the running for ACC POY next year if he develops accordingly.

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    MD is going to be very good next year.

Be interesting to see who leaves and who stays within the ACC.

Danielos38 is offline Plus member since 5/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
    MD is going to be very good next year.

Be interesting to see who leaves and who stays within the ACC.
    As much as I hate to say it, NC State might be one of the favorites in the ACC. They'll have a lot coming back.

glenn__davis is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielos38 View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, NC State might be one of the favorites in the ACC. They'll have a lot coming back.
    And a great class coming in.

I agree, they'll be stout next year, unless Leslie gets any silly ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
    All I can say is:
    What a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn__davis View Post

No doubt.

And obviously they're no slouches this year either. I think they've got a great chance to upset Kansas on Friday.

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation

Leslie would likely be a first rounder but yes, he is a key.

Leslie, Rivers, Plumlee, all the UNC guys, Len....The decisions of those players will go a long way in determining the pecking order in the ACC next year.

Reputation Reputation

Leslie, Rivers, Plumlee, all the UNC guys, Len....The decisions of those players will go a long way in determining the pecking order in the ACC next year.
    Jay Williams just tweeted that Plumlee is "testing NBA waters"...It was unclear whether or not he is hiring an agent right now.

Reputation Reputation
    You think so? I think he's a talented guy but I don't see him as a first rounder yet. I'm far from an expert on that, though.

But I agree, who stays and who goes will determine a lot for next year. Though in reality, it always does.

If Rivers and Plumlee both leave, I could actually see Duke in some trouble next year, unless they pull some last minute nuggets out of this year's class. UNC could also be hurting as well. We may see a bit of an upside down league next year.

Reputation Reputation
    You think so? I think he's a talented guy but I don't see him as a first rounder yet. I'm far from an expert on that, though.

But I agree, who stays and who goes will determine a lot for next year. Though in reality, it always does.

If Rivers and Plumlee both leave, I could actually see Duke in some trouble next year, unless they pull some last minute nuggets out of this year's class. UNC could also be hurting as well. We may see a bit of an upside down league next year.
    Yea, Leslie was seen as a first rounder last year and his stock should be up from that.

We shall see when it comes to Duke.

They are going to at least at one more top recruit and could end up with the #1 player in the class.

They have a very good 2 guard coming in and 2 of their best recruits redshirted this year and they both will make a big impact next year, especially Murphy(who has been compared to Singler).

With Rivers and Plumlee, they are a title contender...If they get Muhammed and they both stay, they could be the #1 team in the country going into the season.

If none of those 3 are at Duke next year, they still have a ton of talent but will need a lot from inexperienced players...still a top 15 team though.

BTW, Plumlee has not hired an agent yet.

Reputation Reputation
    I agree that if Plumlee and Rivers come back they'll be very good. Last I saw it didn't look like Muhammed was going to qualify, but that can change.

I disagree that if none of those 3 are there, that Duke is a top 15 team.

Reputation Reputation
    I agree that if Plumlee and Rivers come back they'll be very good. Last I saw it didn't look like Muhammed was going to qualify, but that can change.

I disagree that if none of those 3 are there, that Duke is a top 15 team.
    It would be another high scoring, good shooting, guard oriented team..once they add Jefferson, they get a real wing player.

They may lack a little depth in size but Murphy, Kelly and Marshall Plumlee is still pretty good...Murphy and Plumlee, the 2 redshirt guys, are going to be very important next year.

I think their defense will be better and they of course wil be able to shoot.

Reputation Reputation
    It would be another high scoring, good shooting, guard oriented team..once they add Jefferson, they get a real wing player.

They may lack a little depth in size but Murphy, Kelly and Marshall Plumlee is still pretty good...Murphy and Plumlee, the 2 redshirt guys, are going to be very important next year.

I think their defense will be better and they of course wil be able to shoot.
    Their backcourt will be really soft if Rivers leaves. I do like Cook, but I'm not a fan of either Thornton or Dawkins, and I'm even less of a fan without Rivers there to take attention away from them. Just don't think their guards are nearly as good as recent teams.

And they'll be missing that one bonafide star that they've had in the past, unless Muhammed goes there and makes an immediate impact.

Not saying they'll be terrible - I think they'd still be an upper half ACC team - but not top 15, IMO.