+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rivers going pro according to Goodman of CBS

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Yep, it appears Rivers is gone.

Stupid of him to leave in terms of his development...Never will fault a kid for leaving if he is a first rounder.

But he needs to add more to his game..and he isn't mature enough yet.

I could have sworn I saw Stoglin playing for Ohio tonight. Their pg was jacking up shots from everywhere. Including a shot that was halfway between the 3 point arc and the mid court jump circle. He was a solid 3-20, so he had every right to be throwing those up.

Seriously though, I'm hoping Stoglin becomes a better team player. It's to his benefit to work with his team. They have a lot of talent coming in and it will only make him better if they are getting their looks. Someone at MD should make him do some research on John Gilchrist and see what a mistake he made by coming back and playing selfishly.

glenn__davis is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOwnerNeeded View Post
    I could have sworn I saw Stoglin playing for Ohio tonight. Their pg was jacking up shots from everywhere. Including a shot that was halfway between the 3 point arc and the mid court jump circle. He was a solid 3-20, so he had every right to be throwing those up.

Seriously though, I'm hoping Stoglin becomes a better team player. It's to his benefit to work with his team. They have a lot of talent coming in and it will only make him better if they are getting their looks. Someone at MD should make him do some research on John Gilchrist and see what a mistake he made by coming back and playing selfishly.
    Next season should tell a lot about Stoglin. He should hopefully have a much-improved front court, which I think will make him a lot more willing to distribute, which he is actually relatively capable of doing. He's no Blake or Vasquez, but he can make a decent pass. But there were games this year where his front court just gave him absolutely nothing to work with.

If Plumlee leaves for NBA, look for Duke to make a push for Alex Oriakhi who is transferring from UCONN.

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerfrombelair View Post
    If Plumlee leaves for NBA, look for Duke to make a push for Alex Oriakhi who is transferring from UCONN.
    Yea, he is a possibility...as is a transfer from Central Michigan.

They may make a push for Oriakhi anyway.

http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_s...n-injured-foot
    Last edited by Sports Guy; 03-24-2012 at 01:47 PM.