+ Reply to Thread
Results 61 to 75 of 172
03-29-2012 02:08 PM #61
Watched some video of Wacha from his last start. I like him better than Gausman and from the sounds of it, he might be right in there, or just behind Appel and Zimmer. I'd like a position player but I can't find anyone I'm crazy about with the stick. I really like Dahl but it seems as though people think he's an overdraft at #4.
03-30-2012 08:17 AM #62
So is Harvard-Westlake the best baseball high school in the country or what?
03-30-2012 12:29 PM #63Shorebirds
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
04-04-2012 10:22 AM #64
I think I'm pretty confident in knocking Deven Marrero off or my preference list. I didn't see the numbers heading into this season. I know he hit for average for team USA but his sophomore season wasn't anything to write home about and he's even worse this year, currently hitting .265 with little power. He's considered premium defensively but even there I see he had 8 errors for team USA and has 6 so far this season. The errors probably mean little but I can't see spending a top pick on a player whose bat is so much in question.
04-04-2012 02:02 PM #65
04-04-2012 02:32 PM #66
I think, a month in, its a little early to throw guys out -- especially guys who have had success with wood. But there will likely be much better fits for Baltimore, considering the other players in the mix.
04-04-2012 05:19 PM #67
04-05-2012 03:32 PM #68
Okay, so the Hangout gets a sneak preview this time around. The full article will post on Camden Depot tomorrow, but here is this week's updated pref list (next week and from here on out will post on Wednesdays):
Current Preference List (April 6, 2012)
1. Mark Appel, rhp, Stanford Univ.
2. Byron Buxton, of, Appling County HS (Baxley, Ga.)
3. Kevin Gausman, rhp, Louisiana St. Univ.
4. Mike Zunino, c, Univ. of Florida
5. Kyle Zimmer, rhp, Univ. of San Francisco
6. Albert Almora, of, Mater Acad. (Hialeah Gardens, Fla.)
7. Lucas Giolito, rhp, Harvard-Westlake HS (Studio City, Calif.)
8. Gavin Cecchini, ss, Barbe HS (Lake Charles, La.)
9. Deven Marrero, ss, Arizona St. Univ.
10. Max Fried, lhp, Harvard-Westlake HS (Studio City, Calif.)
11. Carlos Correa, ss, Puerto Rico Baseball Acad. (Gurabo, P.R.)
12. Stryker Trahan, c, Acadiana HS (Lafayette, La.)
13. Zach Eflin, rhp, Hagerty HS (Chuluota, Fla.)
14. David Dahl, of, Oak Mountain HS (Birmingham, Ala.)
15. Walker Weickel, rhp/1b, Olympia HS (Fla.)
Dropped out: Matt Smoral, lhp, Solon HS (Solon, Ohio) -- surgery on foot, likely out for season
Lots of notes in this new article, including the dropping of Smoral and addition of Eflin (video of Eflin, too). Will post a link when it's up.
04-05-2012 04:01 PM #69
Have you heard anything on Giolito? I Haven't heard anything new this week, but last I heard he was ahead of schedule and looked on track to throw in May. News is kinda far between on him though.
04-05-2012 04:43 PM #70
04-05-2012 04:58 PM #71
Good to hear on Gausman, I wasn't as high on him before but this was really the first time I spent looking at him. The velo surprised me a little bit, was expecting lower.
04-05-2012 05:25 PM #72
EDIT -- and I didn't mean anything as to you gettin Giolito updates. He's just not on my MLB team's radar until we see what happens come May, and at that point we're likely relying on previous looks. So, my time just doesn't happen to go to that particular player if I have other players to chase down.
04-05-2012 05:36 PM #73
I'm a big Zimmer fan, FWIW.
04-05-2012 05:37 PM #74
04-06-2012 10:14 AM #75
Last edited by Stotle; 04-06-2012 at 11:55 AM.