+ Reply to Thread
    backwardsk is online now Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Austin Rivers going Pro

...according to the ESPN scroll.

He leaves tied with backwardsk on the all time NCAA tournament wins list.

Quote Originally Posted by backwardsk View Post
    ...according to the ESPN scroll.

He leaves tied with backwardsk on the all time NCAA tournament wins list.
    I'm waiting for the NBA to institute something similar to the NFL where you have to be at least 20 or have 2 years of CBB before you are draft eligible. It would be better both for the schools, and the sport, and I'm willing to bet better for the players themselves as well.

crissfan172 is offline Plus Member since 12/10 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    I'm waiting for the NBA to institute something similar to the NFL where you have to be at least 20 or have 2 years of CBB before you are draft eligible. It would be better both for the schools, and the sport, and I'm willing to bet better for the players themselves as well.
    They should just get rid of the stupid rule to begin with and let them go pro straight out of high school.

waroriole is online now Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    The baseball rule would be fine too.

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Bad move by Rivers IMO. He's very talented but could really use another year to polish his game.

As a Duke fan, I don't like signing guys who are going to be one year and out. Let Kentucky play it that way.

crissfan172 is offline Plus Member since 12/10 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post
    Bad move by Rivers IMO. He's very talented but could really use another year to polish his game.

As a Duke fan, I don't like signing guys who are going to be one year and out. Let Kentucky play it that way.
    I agree. It was pretty clear (to me at least) that Irving was ready, but Rivers doesn't give me that same vibe. I could be wrong, though.

waroriole is online now Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post

As an Auburn fan, I would be thrilled if we had one player talented enough to play in the NBA at all.

Not a fan of the one and done guys, but they can be a nice lift/difference maker to a big program.

I would have expected Doc Rivers to advocate his son stay at Duke for both the academics and tutelage under CoachK.

I saw an article with Duke as the projected #1 team entering next season, but that was with Rivers staying. I imagine they will slip a few spots at least.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiers View Post
    Not a fan of the one and done guys, but they can be a nice lift/difference maker to a big program.

I would have expected Doc Rivers to advocate his son stay at Duke for both the academics and tutelage under CoachK.

I saw an article with Duke as the projected #1 team entering next season, but that was with Rivers staying. I imagine they will slip a few spots at least.
    I don't see why you would even try to project that without knowing who is staying. If some guys from UNC stay, they should be up there; same with Kentucky. Maybe Sullinger stays. Everytime I've seen him play, he doesn't look ready.

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by crissfan172 View Post
    I agree. It was pretty clear (to me at least) that Irving was ready, but Rivers doesn't give me that same vibe. I could be wrong, though.
    Irving was much more polished than Rivers. Better ballhandler, better passer, better defender. I think Rivers will eventually be a good pro, but I think he'll struggle for a while.

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Rivers should stay because of maturity issues. He can score in the pros right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
    Rivers should stay because of maturity issues. He can score in the pros right now.

backwardsk is online now Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
    Isn't a lack of maturity a pre-requisite for a big pay day in the NBA? See: Arenas, Gilbert; Blatche, Andray; Jackson, Stephen.