+ Reply to Thread
    clapdiddy is offline Plus Member Since 02/03 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ravens get 4th and 5th round compensatory picks

Surprised that I haven't seen a thread about this.

We get the 130th(4th) and 169th(5th) picks. Not bad...and giving up that 4th rounder for Lee Evans looks less troubling!

NFL Compensatory Picks

JohnnyK27 is offline Plus Member Since 01/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Nice ...I was expecting 1 five...The Ravens should get a few more next year as the pillaging has continued.

RavNMadMan is offline Plus Member since 8/11 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Awesome......more ammo for the Oz

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Just about to post this.

Shame we weren't given Bears 4th rounder, as we should.

Another thing that the Ravens do real well is play the comp pick game. Now, I'm not saying we should never sign big UFA's but when you are deep enough to let solid guys go and don't look to fill the position with overpriced FAs you get rewarded with the comp picks. You have to think the Ravens feel confident they can find guys in the 4th and 5th and 6th rounds that eventually can step in and give you what a UFA could give you at a better price.

Consider all the 4th round or later picks that have become solid players over the years.

Jermaine Lewis
    Jeff Mitchell
    Edwin Mulitalo
    Brandon Stokley
    Adalius Thomas
    Ed Hartwell
    Chester Taylor
    Jarrett Johnson
    Ovie Mughelli
    Aubrayo Franklin
    Tony Pashos
    Jason Brown
    Dawan Landry
    Sam Koch
    Leron McClain
    Haruki Nakamura
    Dennis Pitta
    Art Jones
    Pernell McPhee

Thats just listing the guys who became starters or were a regular part of a package. Not including some guys who had flashes or contributed on ST and such. Also not listed is undrafted FA's like Bart Scott. The Ravens are so good at finding guys to plug in and contribute later in the draft and hoarding draft picks is a big part of what they try to do. I definitely think it influences their approch to Free Agency.
    Last edited by ccbird; 03-27-2012 at 10:13 PM.

flashjordnk is offline Plus Member Since June 2010 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by ccbird View Post
    Thats just listing the guys who became starters or were a regular part of a package. Not including some guys who had flashes or contributed on ST and such. Also not listed is undrafted FA's like Bart Scott. The Ravens are so good at finding guys to plug in and contribute later in the draft and hoarding draft picks is a big part of what they try to do. I definitely think it influences their approch to Free Agency.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ccbird again.

Great post. I'm not worried at all about what we've done. I'd like to see some help at guard, but I'm guessing that come via the draft or Jah Reid at this point. And I've become satisfied with either option.