+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Araqnid View Post
    Skins declined to work him out, so he never really had the opportunity to workout for them. I agree he probably would have turned them down as well, which makes sense. He can only hurt himself at this point.
    Yeah they said they had no intentions of asking him technically I think, but he had said he wouldn't work out privately for any team. No big deal really, the only team it should be a question for is IND.

OrioleMagic is offline Plus Member since 12/03 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Following that logic, why would Luck work out for Indy?

VeveJones007 is offline Plus Member Since December 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    A couple guys on the NFL network said that Luck really isn't any better with his football IQ than Griffin is, that was what was assumed through last season, but a bunch of people have said that it's almost splitting hairs at this point, that Luck is better for a short-medium passing offense, and Griffin is better for an offense that opens up the ball and throws downfield.
    Luck had games this year where he (not the coach or coordinator) called three plays in the huddle, assessed the defense at the line of scrimmage, and decided which play to run at the line.

That's more than Peyton Manning ever did for the Colts. That's also why scouts call him the most NFL-ready QB prospect since Manning. Griffin may be able to do those things perfectly well, but Luck has already proven that he can.

backwardsk is offline Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
    Luck had games this year where he (not the coach or coordinator) called three plays in the huddle, assessed the defense at the line of scrimmage, and decided which play to run at the line.

That's more than Peyton Manning ever did for the Colts. That's also why scouts call him the most NFL-ready QB prospect since Manning. Griffin may be able to do those things perfectly well, but Luck has already proven that he can.
    I believe you said you're a pretty big Colts fan if I recall correctly. Didn't Peyton call his own plays at the line also based on the defense alignment? I thought he went up to the LOS with a pass play and a run play. I also thought both those plays had multiple permutations.

Araqnid is offline Plus Memeber since 7/11 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Following that logic, why would Luck work out for Indy?
    Right now, I think Griffin, not Luck is the flavor of the moment. While Luck spent most of the past year as the de facto #1 pick, there's now a debate due to Griffin's rise. I think if I am Luck, I'd go to Indy to try to settle the debate myself.

FWIW, I fall into the Luck is better for Indy, Griffin is better for Washington camp. Ultimately, I think Luck will have a better career, but Griffin will have some ridiculous plays that Luck will only be able to wish he could accomplish.

VeveJones007 is offline Plus Member Since December 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by backwardsk View Post
    I believe you said you're a pretty big Colts fan if I recall correctly. Didn't Peyton call his own plays at the line also based on the defense alignment? I thought he went up to the LOS with a pass play and a run play. I also thought both those plays had multiple permutations.
    You're right, but Peyton didn't call his own plays in the "muddle-huddle". He got them sent in via Tom Moore or Clyde Christiansen. He only called his own plays during an audible or hurry-up situation.

Luck went full drives and quarters this season calling three NFL-caliber plays and picking one at the line. That is the thing that makes this decision a no-brainer.
    Last edited by VeveJones007; 04-05-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araqnid View Post
    Right now, I think Griffin, not Luck is the flavor of the moment. While Luck spent most of the past year as the de facto #1 pick, there's now a debate due to Griffin's rise. I think if I am Luck, I'd go to Indy to try to settle the debate myself.

FWIW, I fall into the Luck is better for Indy, Griffin is better for Washington camp. Ultimately, I think Luck will have a better career, but Griffin will have some ridiculous plays that Luck will only be able to wish he could accomplish.
    Griffin could have been an Olympian in the hurdles, so I don't question his athleticism. However, I do think that there's this perception out there than Luck isn't athletic. He isn't Peyton Manning. The guy had the same measureables at the combine at Cam Newton.

The Colts told Luck that he will be their pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TonySoprano View Post
    The Colts told Luck that he will be their pick.
    Saw that, I was just debating if I should order my Griffin jersey or if that would jinx him.

backwardsk is offline Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    Saw that, I was just debating if I should order my Griffin jersey or if that would jinx him.
    So with Gafney out, is it a lock that he'll wear #10? Or will he wear the roman numeral III?

Quote Originally Posted by backwardsk View Post
    So with Gafney out, is it a lock that he'll wear #10? Or will he wear the roman numeral III?
    That's another reason I was holding off to see. I'm going out of town to NJ next weekend, so it'd be nice to have to rub in the face of all the Giants fans, but I wanna make sure they figure it all out first.

JDubs is offline Plus Member since 9/10 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    No surprises here, but good news nonetheless. Either way would have been good news.

Now, on to the next point of order...what cocktail should I make for draft day to celebrate our new franchise QB?