+ Reply to Thread

Yankees claim Craig Tatum

The Yankees have claimed catcher Craig Tatum off waivers from the Diamondbacks, the team announced. The 29-year-old backstop has been claimed off waivers three times in the last few months, first by the Astros, then by the D'Backs, and now by the Yankees. Their 40-man roster is now full.

Tatum has three partial seasons of catching experience at the Major League level and isn't yet eligible for arbitration. He has a .223/.291/.264 line in 299 MLB plate appearances and has stopped 21% of stolen base attempts against him. In eight seasons as a minor leaguer, the 2004 third round pick has a .249/.316/.377 batting line and has stopped 35% of stolen base attempts.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...edium=facebook

CA-ORIOLE is offline Plus Members Since 9/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I heard that on the broadcast today. I guess we are comfortable with Paulino and company.

I'm convinced Tatum has made a poor pact with the devil. I mean, he wasn't able to get "good player" in the major leagues out of the deal, but he certainly got, "must stay on major league 40-man roster despite no plus skills."

Don Quixote is offline Plus Member Since 4/10 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
    I'm convinced Tatum has made a poor pact with the devil. I mean, he wasn't able to get "good player" in the major leagues out of the deal, but he certainly got, "must stay on major league 40-man roster despite no plus skills."
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tony-OH again.

Nigel Tufnel is offline Plus Member since August 2008 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I hope this doesn't keep him out of the O's Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    I hope this doesn't keep him out of the O's Hall of Fame.
    LOL. I think Tatum still has a small chance. It's not like he went willingly to the Yankees.
    Last edited by russ snyder; 03-28-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Outrighted to Triple-A

The Yankees announced that they outrighted catcher Craig Tatum to Triple-A. Tatum, a recent waiver claim by the Yankees, has a .223/.291/.264 line in 299 MLB plate appearances and has stopped 21% of stolen base attempts against him. He also has a .249/.316/.377 batting line in eight seasons as a minor leaguer.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...edium=facebook