Yankees claim Craig Tatum

SammyBirdland

The Yankees have claimed catcher Craig Tatum off waivers from the Diamondbacks, the team announced. The 29-year-old backstop has been claimed off waivers three times in the last few months, first by the Astros, then by the D'Backs, and now by the Yankees. Their 40-man roster is now full.

Tatum has three partial seasons of catching experience at the Major League level and isn't yet eligible for arbitration. He has a .223/.291/.264 line in 299 MLB plate appearances and has stopped 21% of stolen base attempts against him. In eight seasons as a minor leaguer, the 2004 third round pick has a .249/.316/.377 batting line and has stopped 35% of stolen base attempts.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/03/yankees-claim-craig-tatum-off-waivers.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

I'm convinced Tatum has made a poor pact with the devil. I mean, he wasn't able to get "good player" in the major leagues out of the deal, but he certainly got, "must stay on major league 40-man roster despite no plus skills."

I'm convinced Tatum has made a poor pact with the devil. I mean, he wasn't able to get "good player" in the major leagues out of the deal, but he certainly got, "must stay on major league 40-man roster despite no plus skills."

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tony-OH again.

Outrighted to Triple-A

The Yankees announced that they outrighted catcher Craig Tatum to Triple-A. Tatum, a recent waiver claim by the Yankees, has a .223/.291/.264 line in 299 MLB plate appearances and has stopped 21% of stolen base attempts against him. He also has a .249/.316/.377 batting line in eight seasons as a minor leaguer.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/03/outrighted-to-triple-a-craig-tatum.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Archived