+ Reply to Thread
    Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation

Marshall, Henson and Barnes are leaving

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...ll-enter-draft

Hopefully McAdoo leaves too. (sorry Beaner)

Wow UNC will be very very young next year. Between that and dook's class being unresolved it might be a chance for teams like NC State and Maryland to move towards the top of the conference.

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Cerrano View Post
    Wow UNC will be very very young next year. Between that and dook's class being unresolved it might be a chance for teams like NC State and Maryland to move towards the top of the conference.
    Last night on the McDs game, they were wondering if State and FSU would be the favorites in the conference.

Unless Plumlee stays and Duke gets Muhammed, no team in the conference will be dominant next year.

I still say Duke is the preseason favorite though.

Hearing Muhammad is leaning UCLA but who would want to go to that dumpster fire?

beaner is offline Double-A Hangouter - Plus Member since 12/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    McAdoo is gone, "Epic" and I have a reliable source. Will announce next week.

It may take a while for me to get over this season, the "what might have been" team. It sucks when injuries take away your chances to win. Now this group won't have a chance to win a title. Oh well.

The Epic is offline Plus Member Since 04/10 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    If Oriahki comes in, Hairston gets his form back, and Paige/Strickland can be above adequate at PG (and all three of these range from "pretty good chance" to "totally happening"), I think that another ACC run isn't too out of the cards.

The team will essentially turn into Marquette, at its best.

Good, more depth for this draft. The Wizards need that. They CANNOT miss out on their top 5 pick this year. No Jan Vesely type picks. The need instant production.

backwardsk is offline Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Who will make the best pro? Barnes?

Who, in college this year, has the best career?

Quote Originally Posted by backwardsk View Post
    Who will make the best pro? Barnes?

Who, in college this year, has the best career?
    I'd say Zeller, Marshall, Henson, and then Barnes.

The answer to your second question should be Davis.

backwardsk is offline Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by mweb View Post
    I'd say Zeller, Marshall, Henson, and then Barnes.

The answer to your second question should be Davis.
    Really? I thought his height and perimeter skills would translate better to the pros. But I'm usually not that good at it.

It'll be fun to watch Davis develop and grow into his frame.

Quote Originally Posted by backwardsk View Post
    Really? I thought his height and perimeter skills would translate better to the pros. But I'm usually not that good at it.

It'll be fun to watch Davis develop and grow into his frame.
    Well others would disagree with me of course and I'm not really bashing Barnes, I just like the others better. I just don't think Barnes is really good at anything in particular. He's a good shooter, but not great, he's just decent off the dribble and at creating and finishing his own shot, he's not much of a passer, and he's not that good of a rebounder for a 3. I think he'll likely be a mediocre at best starter or a good 2nd team scorer.