+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFolk View Post
    What happened to all the clamor from the first few pages about how Matusz had just cost himself a rotation spot? Seems to have died down.
    It died like the jabber that Jai Miller was going to be the starting left fielder before the year was out after he smoked a couple fastballs early in the spring.

grimed1 is online now Plus Member Since March 2010 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
    Hmm, you mean a guy with an extreme strikeout rate at 26-years old in AAA is having trouble making contact even in spring training, especially once the pitchers stopped just throwing fastballs? No, I don't beleive it..
    But he is a great athlete. What is going on. First, we got rid of our innings eater per DD and now this. Perhaps the Mayans are right.

Jones grounds out to end the inning 3-3 after 5

atomic is offline Plus Member since 03/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation
    It died like the jabber that Jai Miller was going to be the starting left fielder before the year was out after he smoked a couple fastballs early in the spring.
    Jai Miller not making the club was never a suprise in my opinion. Worst 25k the team has ever spent.

Reputation Reputation
    Per Sun:

Neshek is in; Matusz out. Went 5IP, 5H, 3ER, 1BB, 4Ks. Threw 86 pitches, 57 strikes. Spring ERA is 3.65

I still say if Wada is healthy he is going to be our 5 starter Matusz needs to go to Norfolk and prove himself.

Neshek gets Young to pop out to s2nd 1 away

Reputation Reputation
    I think Matusz will be the fifth starter. Let's see if he can keep the ball in the park at Camden Yards.

33rdst is offline Plus Member since 11/03 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by grimed1 View Post
    Per Sun:

Neshek is in; Matusz out. Went 5IP, 5H, 3ER, 1BB, 4Ks. Threw 86 pitches, 57 strikes. Spring ERA is 3.65
    Neshek must have slept is his uniform. Didn't he just strike out Milky Mesa?
    Last edited by 33rdst; 03-30-2012 at 02:52 PM.

El Gordo is offline Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Well we'd better score uus some runs. Gregg is due to pitch today.

Frobby is online now Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by jrobb21613 View Post
    I still say if Wada is healthy he is going to be our 5 starter Matusz needs to go to Norfolk and prove himself.
    I don't think Matusz needs to "prove himself" by pitching in AAA. If they send him down it will be for other reasons, e.g. to keep him from earning a full year of service time and to give Wada a chance to "prove himself" as a ML starter.

Reputation Reputation
    Betemit is playing SS.

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by jrobb21613 View Post
    How does anything he does in Norfolk "prove" that he can be successful in the majors? There are many examples over the years of a player being dominant in AAA but marginal in the majors. Chris Davis has three minor league seasons with an OPS over 1000.

El Gordo is offline Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by grimed1 View Post
    Betemit is playing SS.
    The Horror!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post
    I don't think Matusz needs to "prove himself" by pitching in AAA. If they send him down it will be for other reasons, e.g. to keep him from earning a full year of service time and to give Wada a chance to "prove himself" as a ML starter.
    I just think he needs to go down their and prorve he can get hitters out in norfolk when given the opportunity last year he couldn't get guys out at any level these are practice games and until he shows that he can gets out at a level higher than AA he needs to be in Norfolk