Michael Pineda headed for AAA? (Or UPDATE DL) He got Pounded again by the Phillies

weams

No ill will to Pineda. But this could truly hurt the Yankees. They can try and spend their way out of it like they usually do. But to lose such a promising bat for what could ultimately be damaged goods could have lasting effects. Plus Seattle got Hector noese (SP?). And now after CC you have a lot of unproven arms. I do not like kuroda in the AL East. And Hughes still hasn't gotten his old velo back. VERY interesting!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• A lot of people didn’t like this signing.  It was a few bad outings last year but otherwise, he was very good. He will have some bumps in the road but he’s a very capable guy still.
    • I agree. It has to be anticipating Mountcastle being out a little longer, maybe they will IL him too if his knee doesn’t improve quickly. But if Hays is out the minimum 10 days (one of which already passed), maybe Kjerstad gets 3 starts from Mountcastle and 1-2 from rest days for others, available to pinch hit the rest. That wouldn’t be so bad. 
    • I trust the O’s and Elias’ handling of him.  Similar to Decosta and the Ravens, they seem to make more good decisions than other clubs do.     I think he can work it out at the major league level if they do.  Wouldn’t be worried if he got sent down to regain some confidence.
    • I don’t see Wells coming back to the rotation. That was never the plan to begin with. Also, I’m not sure it’s a given that Means can make effective starts at the Bug League level right now. He’s been legit terrible against AAA hitters on a pretty consistent basis so far this season. Now Bradish on the other hand, if he can return, he will probably bump one of Suarez or Irvin to the pen (the one who is pitching the worse).  If Suarez keeps performing (I don’t think his current level is realistic to expect) but at a good level for a back end starter, he stays.
    • Remove Bradish and I will maybe agree. To me this guy is destined for the pen, where hopefully his swing and miss stuff plays up even more. Could be an important piece, but I’m not getting my hopes up too far after two appearances.
    • Good comp. I see a lot of Daniel Cabrera from Suarez. A bigger guy with a real heavy fastball with heat and movement.    Cabrera ending up not living up to his potential, but for a minute it was fun dream of a 1-2 with him and bedard as lethal TOR starters. 
    • To each their own. Carry on…
  • Popular Contributors