+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hartford, CT
    Posts
    3,191

    League of Legends

    Anyone play? If so what is your username?


  2. #2
    square634's Avatar
    square634 is online now Plus Member since 9/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,617
    My screen name is predictably square634. I've been playing more since my classes have gotten a bit easier and I'm up over 1700 elo for the first time. I think there's another old LoL thread out there somewhere, but I don't remember for sure.

  3. #3
    nevadaO's Avatar
    nevadaO is offline Plus Member since 08/03 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    4,358
    Yeah there was a thread. I may have even started it, idk. I don't play any longer but I will be playing Dota 2 when it comes out if you guys are interested in that one.

  4. #4
    flashjordnk is offline Plus Member Since June 2010 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    3,954
    I'm flashjordnk, also predictably. Just got worked up to level 30 recently. Played 3 ranked games, lost all of them to start though! Any interest in forming an OH team? I'm guessing there aren't enough players for that...or square634 would get mad at me for feeding and rage quit

  5. #5
    square634's Avatar
    square634 is online now Plus Member since 9/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,617
    I would play, it's fun to fool around in some less stressful games, haha. It's tough to jump straight into ranked after level 30, I made the same mistake in Season 1. It takes a while to farm up the IP to get rune pages for multiple different roles. As for DoTA 2... I played DoTA pretty extensively even in the early days (pre-DoTA Allstars even), and I used to enjoy it. Since playing LoL, I really see how some of the DoTA mechanics were toxic/arbitrary.

  6. #6
    square634's Avatar
    square634 is online now Plus Member since 9/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by flashjordnk View Post
    I'm flashjordnk, also predictably. Just got worked up to level 30 recently. Played 3 ranked games, lost all of them to start though! Any interest in forming an OH team? I'm guessing there aren't enough players for that...or square634 would get mad at me for feeding and rage quit
    OK, maybe we need to get you playing something other than Yi first

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hartford, CT
    Posts
    3,191
    It's cool there are other players on OH. My screen name is bacalou. I play pretty regularly with a about 8-9 other guys. Unfortunately as far as ranked goes I have descended into the ELO hell. It's a tough road out and every time I think I am getting out I get a string of Twitch jungles...

  8. #8
    square634's Avatar
    square634 is online now Plus Member since 9/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Camden_yardbird View Post
    It's cool there are other players on OH. My screen name is bacalou. I play pretty regularly with a about 8-9 other guys. Unfortunately as far as ranked goes I have descended into the ELO hell. It's a tough road out and every time I think I am getting out I get a string of Twitch jungles...
    What roles do you normally play? By "elo hell" do you mean 1200? 800?

  9. #9
    square634's Avatar
    square634 is online now Plus Member since 9/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Camden_yardbird View Post
    It's cool there are other players on OH. My screen name is bacalou. I play pretty regularly with a about 8-9 other guys. Unfortunately as far as ranked goes I have descended into the ELO hell. It's a tough road out and every time I think I am getting out I get a string of Twitch jungles...
    I can't get to your ranked stats for some reason, but I do see in your match history that a few games ago you made the same mistake as flashjordnk: don't get Eleisa's Miracle ever, but especially not if you already have Mercury Treads. The tenacity does not stack.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hartford, CT
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by square634 View Post
    I can't get to your ranked stats for some reason, but I do see in your match history that a few games ago you made the same mistake as flashjordnk: don't get Eleisa's Miracle ever, but especially not if you already have Mercury Treads. The tenacity does not stack.
    Yea, I think I was trying builds out. For some reason I got Miracle over Shurelya's. That was the Ali game right? Really didn't matter too much because of the team but I agree, no reason to get double tenacity. The game doesn't allow you to see my ranked stats because I am below 1000

    I really should just carry to get out of the ELO hell.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hartford, CT
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by square634 View Post
    What roles do you normally play? By "elo hell" do you mean 1200? 800?
    I play pretty much everything, although I am not great at jungle and sometime struggle at top. I excel at support and mid. As you can see from my game history, that malph top was laning against lee sin...

    I really hope they nerf that guy.

    Oh and by ELO hell I mean around 900.

  12. #12
    square634's Avatar
    square634 is online now Plus Member since 9/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Camden_yardbird View Post
    I play pretty much everything, although I am not great at jungle and sometime struggle at top. I excel at support and mid. As you can see from my game history, that malph top was laning against lee sin...

    I really hope they nerf that guy.

    Oh and by ELO hell I mean around 900.
    OK, 900 Elo is indeed elo hell. I have lost roughly 100 elo since the new patch, a lot of which seems to be due to bugs in champ select. I would say the easiest carry out of your elo would be a strong mid or jungle. Anything that can push mid and go roam to gank other lanes will be very successful at that level. Strong ganking junglers will also be particularly effective because people either don't ward enough or don't know where they should ward. If you like Alistar, you should try jungling him, his ganks will be really strong against anyone at that level.
    Last edited by square634; 04-20-2012 at 07:51 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hartford, CT
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by square634 View Post
    OK, 900 Elo is indeed elo hell. I have lost roughly 100 elo since the new patch, a lot of which seems to be due to bugs in champ select. I would say the easiest carry out of your elo would be a strong mid or jungle. Anything that can push mid and go roam to gank other lanes will be very successful at that level. Strong ganking junglers will also be particularly effective because people either don't ward enough or don't know where they should ward. If you like Alistar, you should try jungling him, his ganks will be really strong against anyone at that level.
    My best carry is Ahri mid or Fizz mid/ top. Problem is you can't always get them. I also have a lot of success with Nids support. People underestimate the power of the traps early and I either get enough kills or feed the AD.

    I really am not a huge alistar player, but I seem to remember I was last pick there, the team was all squishies, and I had the support role. Would rather play Leona or Naut there but I don't own them.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hartford, CT
    Posts
    3,191
    I have been trying different junglers. Problem is I am not too dominate with any of them. My best is Sion, but he is a sub optimal jungler. I really should just learn a tier one jungler. The problem is many of the tier 1 junglers don't carry late into game, and you don't get enough coordination at that level to win quickly.

  15. #15
    square634's Avatar
    square634 is online now Plus Member since 9/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Camden_yardbird View Post
    My best carry is Ahri mid or Fizz mid/ top. Problem is you can't always get them. I also have a lot of success with Nids support. People underestimate the power of the traps early and I either get enough kills or feed the AD.

    I really am not a huge alistar player, but I seem to remember I was last pick there, the team was all squishies, and I had the support role. Would rather play Leona or Naut there but I don't own them.
    Interesting. I don't have the runes to play any of the mids that scale with AP, so I generally use Ryze or Kennen. I actually main support/jungle, although my pool of junglers is actually fairly limited thanks to the new AoE jungle. I feel like I should learn Mundo/Shyvana/Udyr, but it's tough without playing in normals, and normals aren't good practice anyway.

    The three of us OH LoLers should queue into a game some time.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

OriolesHangout.com is an unofficial site and not associated with the Baltimore Orioles and part of Hangout Ventures LLC. Copyright ©2013 | Privacy Policy | Advertise with us