+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Orioles West is offline Plus Member Since 01/09 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I thought it was a bit choppy, not the filming itself the plot jumping to nearly every camp and subplot, but they had a lot of bases to cover. Good to have the show back, I hope George RR Martin can stay ahead of the show and crank out another book before HBO catches up on the story.

Considering they're breaking Storm of Swords into two seasons he has plenty of time.

I get what you mean but they had to start each characters storyline for the season. It didnt bother me.

Another great episode tonight.

They've made multiple changes from the book (which I listed over in the *spoilers* thread). Truth be told, I kinda like it.

DuffMan is offline Plus Member Since 10/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Ghost FTW!!! Any scene with Tyrion continues to be awesome! Great to see more of Arya. I loved that Lommy was already suggesting to Hot Pie that they should yield The scene between Davos and Salladhor Saan was great as well, I had forgotten about his request he makes in regards to the queen. The Greyjoy stuff was also nicely done, that's about how I pictured the Iron Islands to look. Looks like business will start picking up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
    Ghost FTW!!! Any scene with Tyrion continues to be awesome! Great to see more of Arya. I loved that Lommy was already suggesting to Hot Pie that they should yield The scene between Davos and Salladhor Saan was great as well, I had forgotten about his request he makes in regards to the queen. The Greyjoy stuff was also nicely done, that's about how I pictured the Iron Islands to look. Looks like business will start picking up next week.
    That's exactly how I pictured the Iron Islands as well. I thought Yara/Asha would be a little more Xena-ish.

Icterus galbula is offline Plus Member since 12/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Its going to be very interesting to see how Tyrion continues to fare. He shouldn't threaten Varys or try and out-smart him, thats a guy you want on your side. At the same time, there was a telling look of worry on Tyrion's face after realizing Bronn would be willing to kill babies (and perhaps turn on Tyrion) at the right price.

I liked the addition of the Iron Islands setting. Interesting twist with the asshat-dad-with-a-code rejecting his son and gunning for the Starks instead. They really go a little too far with the incest plots though. I know Theon is a horn-dog, but come on, the sister allows him to grope her and she finds it humorous?

Littlefinger's true position of power is selling girls into a life of snuff. Way to flex those muscles, bro.

I don't know a lot about him yet, but I dig Davos.

That scene with Mellisandre was hot.

Slow your role, Jon Snow. The shadow that took the male baby has me intrigued. Definitely didn't look human. Simple sacrifice? Or do they get raised into some other life?

Yoren is a badass.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Icterus galbula View Post
    I don't know a lot about him yet, but I dig Davos.
    Davos is one of my favorite characters in the series. His backstory is great, I'm not sure if and how much more of it they'll explain though. (they touched on it a little Sunday)

Spoonless is offline Plus Member since 2006 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller192 View Post
    I thought Yara/Asha would be a little more Xena-ish.
    Me too. I loved that whole sequence in the book where she and Theon meet. I didn't think it had really the same effect in the show, but it was still pretty decent. She's one of my favorite characters.

And what's up with the non-introduction/introduction of Pod!?!

Game of Thrones has been renewed for Season 3!!!

What does everyone (especially those of you who haven't read the books) think of Stannis thus far? I love him. He's such a jackass, but that's what makes him endearing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLex View Post
    What does everyone (especially those of you who haven't read the books) think of Stannis thus far? I love him. He's such a jackass, but that's what makes him endearing to me.
    I really haven't found his character to be of interest yet. He's got the ref-headed witch by his side but I really didn't understand his role until I read up on his character on a Thrones dedicated wiki.

Icterus galbula is offline Plus Member since 12/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLex View Post
    I gotta get to know him better, but I did like his brutal honesty when writing the letter in the first week- "I never loved him," "say what you want about him but he's still a knight." He doesn't seem very bright, though.

"'Kingslayer', call him what he is"

Spoonless is offline Plus Member since 2006 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Icterus galbula View Post
    I gotta get to know him better, but I did like his brutal honesty when writing the letter in the first week- "I never loved him," "say what you want about him but he's still a knight." He doesn't seem very bright, though.
    There's a really good quote from the book regarding Stannis and Renley. I'll spoiler it just in case someone doesn't want to see it, but it doesn't give any plot away; it's just a characterization of the brothers Baratheon.
    Here there be spoilers! Yarrrr!
    Robert was the true steel. Stannis is pure iron, black and hard and strong, yes, but brittle, the way iron gets. He'll break before he bends. And Renly, that one, he's copper, bright and shiny, pretty to look at but not worth all that much at the end of the day.