+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Raw Thread

MikeAD is offline Plus Member Since 07/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    We literally just got over JL vs. Punk. And before that it was Cena vs. everyone in a suit.

Ugh.

Dipper9 is offline Plus Member Since 03/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I just read that starting July 23rd with Raw's 1000th episode, Raw is going to be 3 hours every week on a permanent basis.

This has failure written all over it. Instead of giving us longer, better matches, now we'll get an extra hour of filler every week. Not sure I can handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipper9 View Post
    I just read that starting July 23rd with Raw's 1000th episode, Raw is going to be 3 hours every week on a permanent basis.

This has failure written all over it. Instead of giving us longer, better matches, now we'll get an extra hour of filler every week. Not sure I can handle that.
    Not the best idea. They can barely fill a 2 hour show with solid scripts at the moment. Looks like more time for the Funkasaurus....great.

Dipper9 is offline Plus Member Since 03/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    RAW absolutely sucked last night, with the exception of the tag match between JeriShow vs Kane and Cena (who suddenly are best friends even though Kane tried to kill Cena at the beginning of 2012.)

And speaking of lousy stories, the payoff to the 2 year Anonymous GM story is.....Hornswoggle? Give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipper9 View Post
    RAW absolutely sucked last night, with the exception of the tag match between JeriShow vs Kane and Cena (who suddenly are best friends even though Kane tried to kill Cena at the beginning of 2012.)

And speaking of lousy stories, the payoff to the 2 year Anonymous GM story is.....Hornswoggle? Give me a break!
    Yeah that was quite possibly the worst RAW in a long time. And Smackdown sounds even worse. They really screwed the AJ storyline up with Monday's show.

Raw 1000

Monday night is shaping up to be epic.

Cena vs Punk for the WWE Championship
    The Rock returns
    DX Reunion
    Brock returns to accept Triple H's SummerSlam challenge
    Christian defends the IC title
    Danyl Bryan and AJ's wedding
    Appearances by Bret Hart, Mick Foley, Hot Rod, and many more.

I think its gonna be a great night. I still see Rock walking out of RAW as the WWE Champion!

I don't know, I just can't see the Rock being the champion right now. They would want a title switch of that magnitude to happen at a major PPV so Vince can capitalize off of the profit. As much as I hate it, I see John Cena leaving Raw 1000 as the new WWE Champion with some sort of angle going down. I could see a huge character change for CM Punk incoming. I think Punk could never truly be a heel at this point because he is similar (although in no ways on the same level) as Steve Austin. People are going to cheer his character no matter what he does. I just think he's starting to get stale and it is time for a change. Plus John Cena is the face of the company and what better way to "thank" the fans than the give the most popular Superstar the WWE title.

Quote Originally Posted by Rconnell View Post
    I don't know, I just can't see the Rock being the champion right now. They would want a title switch of that magnitude to happen at a major PPV so Vince can capitalize off of the profit. As much as I hate it, I see John Cena leaving Raw 1000 as the new WWE Champion with some sort of angle going down. I could see a huge character change for CM Punk incoming. I think Punk could never truly be a heel at this point because he is similar (although in no ways on the same level) as Steve Austin. People are going to cheer his character no matter what he does. I just think he's starting to get stale and it is time for a change. Plus John Cena is the face of the company and what better way to "thank" the fans than the give the most popular Superstar the WWE title.
    They are going ALL OUT on the Raw 1000, so if you have a huge TV audience, and Rock walks out as Champion, what do you think the SummerSlam buyrate would be?

Money money, yeah yeah!

I could see the Rock challenging for it at Summerslam with the match being set-up on Raw.

Man, I just saw a list of confirmed people for tonight. They are going all out for this. Going to be an absolutely stacked show! I don't know how they can possible get all these guys on in 3 hours!

MikeAD is offline Plus Member Since 07/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Tonight's RAW should be the best ever, or at least the best in a very long time. It has the potential to be a huge disappointment, but the recipe for greatness is there. I am so pissed I have to miss it. I will avoid the interwebs and catch it on YouTube on Thursday.

The Epic is offline Plus Member Since 04/10 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    The show was great, but it will always be known as the longest payoff in WWE history.

I had at least six legitimately marked-out moments. Kane/Taker, APA, Lita, DX as a whole, Rock/Bryan, and Punk's turn...and that's all I can think of off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Epic View Post
    The show was great, but it will always be known as the longest payoff in WWE history.

I had at least six legitimately marked-out moments. Kane/Taker, APA, Lita, DX as a whole, Rock/Bryan, and Punk's turn...and that's all I can think of off the bat.
    Slick was AWESOME as the wedding preacher!

Mean Gene was behind GTV. Hilarious!

Steph is HOT. As is Trish and Lita. Lita especially looks better now than ever. Steph too! Trish has been fine for a long time!

SummerSlam shaping up too:

Brock vs Triple H
    Punk vs Cena (maybe vs Big Show too)
    Charlie Frickin Sheen vs Danyl Bryan
    Dolph vs Jericho
    Sheamus vs Del Rio maybe

Only thing missing was Austin, who is recovering from knee surgery, but Punk's heel turn may finally open the door to that Austin/Punk Mania 29 match that I am hoping for.

RAW Tonight should be awesome.

TLC Match for the WWE Championship: Punk vs Ryback
    The return of the Rock
    the beginning of the build to the Rumble and Mania.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Helllllllllllllllllllll Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

It should be a very good show. Interested to see how it ends. I have a feeling The Sheild puts The Rock through a table. And/or as soon as Rock comes out, a returning Lesnar or Undertaker might come out right behind him.