+ Reply to Thread
    Don Quixote is offline Plus Member Since 4/10 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Jan 2010

Viewing Problems with Firefox and Chrome

I've been having a hell of a time with viewing the forum using Firefox and Chrome today. When scrolling I get multiple instances of the background, sometimes obscuring some of a post or PM. This is happening with a MacBook OS 10.something using Chrome, and a Dell desktop with XP using Firefox (both browsers are up to date). I think it started today, maybe late last night...don't remember. Just letting you know; thanks for any fixes.

Don Quixote is offline Plus Member Since 4/10 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Jan 2010
    Better with Chrome today. I'll give word on Firefox if I'm on the other computer at some point.

I haven't seen any of these problems and I've viewed the site on Firefox on two separate computers. Not sure what's up but keep us informed in case others are having similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
    I haven't seen any of these problems and I've viewed the site on Firefox on two separate computers. Not sure what's up but keep us informed in case others are having similar issues.
    It appears fine to me on Chrome and IE.

I've been using Chrome exclusively and haven't noticed anything. Just checked in Firefox and everything seems fine today. It could have been an ad gone wild or a weird problem with your cache.

TGO is offline Plus Member Since 11/05 All-Star Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by sbauer View Post
    I've been using Chrome exclusively and haven't noticed anything. Just checked in Firefox and everything seems fine today. It could have been an ad gone wild or a weird problem with your cache.
    Yeah clearing the cache is always a good thing to try to see if it resolves things.

Also sometimes I get screwed up webpages when my internet service has bottlenecked for some reason. Happens more frequently on mobile but occasionally a laptop on WiFi will do it.

I'm fine using FF. V 3.6.28

I don't like the way the cache is in the newest versions. Takes like 2 minutes to clear. PITA

Jan 2010
    I'll probably clear cache. I experienced an isolated incident with Chrome that quickly resolved itself, but the issue persists with Firefox (I didn't get on the desktop yesterday). Later on I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the ideas.