+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Petrino Scandal

waroriole is offline Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Petrino Scandal

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...-arkansas-long

Honestly, I don't see why they would fire him. He lied to cover up an affair he was having. Big deal. You don't pay him to be a moral superior (cause he clearly wasn't before this anyway), you pay him because he's a very good football coach. I think this is another case of national sports media trying to find something to talk about.

Being a college football coach is a lot like being a politician. It's not just about doing your job, it's about keeping up appearances. It's just the way it is.

Not surprising Petrino being this brazen. I guarantee some skeletons are going to start appearing.

Lovin' it! Petrino is a dbag of the highest order. The way he burned Atlanta is proof of that.

You reap what you sow, Bobby boy.

waroriole is offline Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-petrino-coach

I'm surprised, but not sad to see him gone.

CrimsonTribe is offline Plus Member Since 08/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Couldn't happen to a better guy.

Dr. FLK is offline Plus Member Since 12/05 All-Star Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by waroriole View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...-arkansas-long

Honestly, I don't see why they would fire him. He lied to cover up an affair he was having. Big deal. You don't pay him to be a moral superior (cause he clearly wasn't before this anyway), you pay him because he's a very good football coach. I think this is another case of national sports media trying to find something to talk about.
    He also hired the girl he was having an affair with over 158 applicants for the position, thus opening the school up to potentially 158 law suits if they don't fire him. You're right, you don't pay him to be a moral superior. But, you also don't hire him hoping he gets you sued by a bunch of people who didn't get a job because they weren't willing to sleep with the coach.

Also exposing the school to a lawsuit from the girl herself if he ended up firing her for whatever reason. She then could claim she was terminated when she refused to get back together...sleep with him...whatever.

Birds of B'more is offline Plus Member Since 07/05 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Kevin Anderson should call his agent, ASAP. After this, UM might be able to get him at a discount.

glenn__davis is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Birds of B'more View Post
    Kevin Anderson should call his agent, ASAP. After this, UM might be able to get him at a discount.
    I would stop rooting for MD.

Birds of B'more is offline Plus Member Since 07/05 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn__davis View Post
    I would stop rooting for MD.
    May as well not watch college football at all. 99% of these coaches are insufferable A-holes....makes more sense to have one that wins 10 games a season than 2 games.

glenn__davis is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Birds of B'more View Post
    May as well not watch college football at all. 99% of these coaches are insufferable A-holes....makes more sense to have one that wins 10 games a season than 2 games.
    Nah, not 99%. Many of them, sure, but not all of them.

Regardless, Petrino is on a whole other level. I thought that before all this latest stuff.

Seriously, if MD hired Petrino I would not root for the football team until he was gone. Not that losing my fandom would put a dent in the UMD football program.

CrimsonTribe is offline Plus Member Since 08/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Arkansas hires John L. Smith as interim head coach.

I really, really, really wanted it to be Sean Payton.