+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 166
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    You'll always be with us Flanny
    Posts
    12,486

    1st RD - Caps vs. Bruins

    Schedule:

    Game 1 @ Boston, Thursday, April 12th @ 7:30 PM
    Game 2 @ Boston, Saturday, April 14th @ 3:00 PM
    Game 3 vs Boston, Monday, April 16th @ 7:30 PM
    Game 4 vs Boston, Thursday, April 19th @ 7:30 PM
    Game 5 (If Necessary) @ Boston, Saturday, April 21st @ 3:00 PM
    Game 6 (If Necessary) vs Boston, Sunday, April 22nd, Time TBD
    Game 7 (If Necessary) @ Boston, Wednesday, April 25th, Time TBD


  2. #2
    DuffMan's Avatar
    DuffMan is offline Plus Member Since 10/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Linthicum
    Posts
    7,655
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
    Schedule:

    Game 1 @ Boston, Thursday, April 12th @ 7:30 PM
    Game 2 @ Boston, Saturday, April 14th @ 3:00 PM
    Game 3 vs Boston, Monday, April 16th @ 7:30 PM
    Game 4 vs Boston, Thursday, April 19th @ 7:30 PM
    Game 5 (If Necessary) @ Boston, Saturday, April 21st @ 3:00 PM
    Game 6 (If Necessary) vs Boston, Sunday, April 22nd, Time TBD
    Game 7 (If Necessary) @ Boston, Wednesday, April 25th, Time TBD
    I don't like how the schedule is set up with that extra day of rest btwn games 3 and 4, leads to a potential back to back day of games played for 5 & 6. I know this is done b/c of TV, but I wish they would just stick to playing every other day.

    Tough matchup for sure but one that they can still win. I haven't heard anything about Neuvy being back so it could be up to Holtby to get the job done. It looks like Backstrom is rounding back into form as well which will be a big plus for the team.

    Most "experts" will probably pick the Bruins but I think that will be good for the Caps with the pressure being off of them. I'm not ready to make a pick for this one yet but I think the Caps have a solid shot of winning this matchup.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sunny Central FL!
    Posts
    11,805
    Being afar from the action here in FL I had all but given up on these guys but reading all of the posts in the second half thread from you "experts" I now see the light. Finally, they aren't favorites, no pressure on Ovie and with Backstrom back and Holtby, maybe they can start a roll. The last few years they were expected to win and failed. Can Dale Hunter's grinder like philosophy work now? It's us against Boston again and I like our chances.

    The morning paper here had playoff articles and in the Bruins/Caps read, not one word about the Caps in the whole article save for the teams playing. The whole thing was about how the Bruins want another cup, blah blah. Go Caps!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    AA County, MD
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
    I don't like how the schedule is set up with that extra day of rest btwn games 3 and 4, leads to a potential back to back day of games played for 5 & 6. I know this is done b/c of TV, but I wish they would just stick to playing every other day.

    Tough matchup for sure but one that they can still win. I haven't heard anything about Neuvy being back so it could be up to Holtby to get the job done. It looks like Backstrom is rounding back into form as well which will be a big plus for the team.

    Most "experts" will probably pick the Bruins but I think that will be good for the Caps with the pressure being off of them. I'm not ready to make a pick for this one yet but I think the Caps have a solid shot of winning this matchup.
    Ideally they woulda went with Monday and Wednesday, but the Wizards have a scheduled game that night with the Milwaukee Bucks.

  5. #5
    Frobby is online now Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bethesda MD
    Posts
    63,730
    It would be ironic if this was the year the Caps made a deep run in the playoffs, after losing early to a lower seeded team so many times.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Halethorpe, MD
    Posts
    14,824
    Good Lord I'm sick of my teams facing Boston teams in the post-season.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanham, MD
    Posts
    9,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Cerrano View Post
    Good Lord I'm sick of my teams facing Boston teams in the post-season.
    Boston is the one team out of 7 others I really didn't want to see in the first, but gotta beat the best to win I guess. HOLTBY...HOLTBY!!!

  8. #8
    DuffMan's Avatar
    DuffMan is offline Plus Member Since 10/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Linthicum
    Posts
    7,655
    Game 1 tonight! I'm not making any predictions for this series, but I do think the Caps have a solid shot to win it. Something else that should help our chances: Dale Hunter has finally repaired Carlson and Alzner. Why he ever split those two up is beyond me, but having those two together gives a great shut down pairing and should also help Carlson's offensive game.

  9. #9
    erb8472's Avatar
    erb8472 is offline Plus Member Since 03/04 - Major League Hangouter All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    8,986
    I think Holtby needs to get off to a hot start tonight to help his confidence for this series. Would like to see him make a couple nice saves early to help calm him down.

  10. #10
    Mashed Potatoes's Avatar
    Mashed Potatoes is offline Plus Member Since 04/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Butchers Hill
    Posts
    4,606
    Game threads? Or is there not enough activity here and just throw it all in a whole series thread?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    You'll always be with us Flanny
    Posts
    12,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
    Game threads? Or is there not enough activity here and just throw it all in a whole series thread?
    Yeah, doubt there would be enough activity in an individual game thread, IMO.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    You'll always be with us Flanny
    Posts
    12,486
    Boston has dominated on offense the first 5 minutes, they've had pressure in our zone the whole game. Holtby has been great, seemingly very poised so far.

    On another note, this is the second time Tim Thomas has taken a little hit from the Caps, I like it.
    Last edited by The Rick; 04-12-2012 at 07:51 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanham, MD
    Posts
    9,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
    Game threads? Or is there not enough activity here and just throw it all in a whole series thread?
    I think we did a round by round thread last year, there's only like 10 of us though.

    BTW...Holtby

  14. #14
    JDubs's Avatar
    JDubs is offline Plus Member since 9/10 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    3,083
    I'm not very good familiar with Holtby. Can anyone fill me in? Thanks in advance.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanham, MD
    Posts
    9,657
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubs View Post
    I'm not very good familiar with Holtby. Can anyone fill me in? Thanks in advance.
    He's 22, from Canada, and back when we had Varly and Neuvy just trying to come up and break out I started telling everyone that I saw Holtby and thought he was better than either of them but was a couple years younger. Now he's finally got a chance to step up, so I'm hoping I don't look like a moron.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

OriolesHangout.com is an unofficial site and not associated with the Baltimore Orioles and part of Hangout Ventures LLC. Copyright ©2013 | Privacy Policy | Advertise with us