+ Reply to Thread
    clapdiddy is offline Plus Member Since 02/03 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Mychal Parker transferring

Kind of a tough loss, as I thought he was one of our better defenders, but then, I guess you could have seen it coming with Faust playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallas View Post
    Kind of a tough loss, as I thought he was one of our better defenders, but then, I guess you could have seen it coming with Faust playing well.
    Also makes me wonder if there's another recruit in the works...

No real surprise there. He didn't figure to be a big part of the team.

Parker in my eyes was the best on the ball defender the Terps had this past year aside from Mosley. His defense and hustle will be missed. With Layman, Mitchell, and possibly Smotrycz coming in the fold, the writing was on the wall that Parkers PT was going to dwindle as time went on. Wouldn't shock me if he followed Ehsan down to UAB, considering Ehsan brought him to UMD. Here is a link to the farewell letter Parker wrote to Alex Kline from the recruiting scoop.

http://www.therecruitscoop.com/mycha...ut-of-maryland

Flosman is offline Plus Member since 2004 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Wow, that letter showed a ton of class and maturity. I did not think bad of Parker I just did not know that he was that kind of kid. I will be rooting for him where ever he ends up after reading that. As a player I saw a tremendous athlete that just was not skilled enough to be a big time ACC player yet, but I never questioned his effort and he really was fun to watch when he showed off his hops.

I think the fact that Turg asked him to explore other opportunities lets you know that in Turg's eyes the talent level is getting ready to take a huge step forward starting this year. Which is very exciting news out of CP.

Parker to Baltimore

I hope he goes to Towson or Loyola. Help to keep Loyola's upgrade & help Towson rebuild like Pasos did at Loyola.

Danielos38 is offline Plus member since 5/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Love the letter he wrote. Wish him the best of luck wherever he goes. It just wasn't going to happen here.

Very classy by Parker. Good luck to him.

olehippi is online now Plus Member since 03/04 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Parker is not only a very mature young man, but also a realist. He knew that with the emergence of Nick Faust, and with the incoming small forward, Jake Layman, and power forward, Charles Mitchell, that his playing time at Maryland would be greatly reduced. I think Parker has the skills to be an above average player?.at the right school. I hope wherever he lands, that he will get that opportunity.

Agree with the sentiments in this thread. What a classy response to a situation where a lot of young people may have lashed out. Sounds like a very grounded, humble young man. I hope for nothing but the best for Mr. Parker.