+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    erb8472 is offline Plus Member Since 03/04 - Major League Hangouter All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Fantasy Baseball Trade Thread

So I pulled off my first big trade of the year less than a week into the season.

It's a keeper league where you can keep 10 players and no restriction on how many times you can keep a player.

I traded Dustin Pedroia and Adam Wainwright for Ryan Braun, Ryan Roberts, and Ervin Santana.

Scoring Categories are as follows:
    Hitters - R's, HR's, RBI's, SB's, OBP
    Pitchers - K's, W's, SV's, ERA, WHIP

Here is my current roster:

C - Matt Wieters
    1B - Albert Pujols
    2B - Ryan Roberts
    3B - David Wright
    SS - Starlin Castro
    OF - Jay Bruce
    OF - Shane Victorino
    OF - Ryan Braun
    UT - Carlos Pena
    UT - Justin Morneau

BN - Jesus Montero - DH
    BN - Edwin Encarnacion - 1B/3B
    BN - Brett Gardner - OF
    BN - Cameron Maybin - OF
    BN - Logan Morrison - OF
    BN - Austin Jackson - OF
    DL - Brian Roberts - 2B

SP - Gavin Floyd, Ervin Santana, Matt Cain, Matt Latos, Zack Greinke, Jordan Zimmermann, Max Scherzer, John Danks, Add/Drop Starter based on Matchups

RP - Jason Motte, Matt Capps, Brett Myers

erb8472 is offline Plus Member Since 03/04 - Major League Hangouter All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I would like to add a few more starters and am hoping that I can use some of my bench guys to do so.

Depending on how they do this year Montero, Maybin, Morrison could all have pretty good value in a keeper league.

BmoreBoy is offline Plus Member Since 04/05 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I've had a few trades. In one league where I only had 1 closer I was able to trade Leake for Street soon after the draft.

In another keeper league I realized that I was way behind on keeper value going into the draft. I was 4th from the bottom, probably because I won the last two years and in order to do that I decided to become much more focused on winning that year than having keepers this year. I ended up trading Kemp ($38 to keep next year) for Beltre ($14 to keep) and Moustakas ($9) for Belt ($4). I may have overpaid on both accounts, but time will tell. I have Tulo ($43) and Grienke ($22) that I can trade later for keepers.

Was offered Jered Weaver and Nick Markakis for Shane Victorino. I'm desperate for SBs, but I pulled the trigger on that one without thinking twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Loophole View Post
    Was offered Jered Weaver and Nick Markakis for Shane Victorino. I'm desperate for SBs, but I pulled the trigger on that one without thinking twice.
    Yeah that is a great trade for you. You should be able to find some SBs on the waiver wire.
    Last edited by erb8472; 04-15-2012 at 12:29 PM.

oriole is offline Plus Member since 01/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I've done three trades so far....

Carlos Beltran for Encarnacion and Boesch

Miguel Cabrera and Drew Stubbs for Braun and Beltre

Jurrjens and Boesch for Zobrist

Here's my current team...

C Molina
    1B Pena
    2B Kipnis
    SS Andrus
    3B Beltre
    OF Braun
    OF Zobrist
    OF Crisp
    UT Lind
    UT Headley
    UT Encarnacion
    BE Ross
    BE Andino
    BE Pierzynski
    P Weaver
    P Lincecum
    P Lester
    P Jonathan Sanchez
    P Lohse
    P Papelbon
    P Axford
    P Street
    P Mike Adams

I'm feelin' good about it. I'm trying to figure out a trade that I can send Molina somewhere along with Sanchez or Lohse to get another awesome SP.

I made another trade and gave up Brett Gardner (before he went on DL) for Colby Lewis.

I felt I needed to upgrade my pitching staff and I wasn't starting Gardner anyway.

C - Matt Wieters
    1B - Albert Pujols
    2B - Ryan Roberts
    3B - David Wright
    SS - Starlin Castro
    OF - Jay Bruce
    OF - Shane Victorino
    OF - Ryan Braun
    UT - Carlos Pena
    UT - Justin Morneau

BN - Jesus Montero - DH
    BN - Edwin Encarnacion - 1B/3B
    BN - Cameron Maybin - OF
    BN - Logan Morrison - OF
    BN - Austin Jackson - OF
    DL - Brian Roberts - 2B
    DL - Victor Martinez - C

SP - Gavin Floyd, Ervin Santana, Matt Cain, Matt Latos, Zack Greinke, Jordan Zimmermann, Max Scherzer, John Danks, Colby Lewis, Add/Drop Starter based on Matchups
    RP - Jason Motte, Matt Capps, Brett Myers
    DL - Dustin McGowan and Brett Anderson

Struck again haha. I usually don't make this many trades, but no matter where I'm at in the year I always look to improve my keepers for the future. I couldn't pass up the trade I made.

Gave up Mat Latos, Colby Lewis, and Austin Jackson for Felix Hernandez and Angel Pagan.

Current Ten Keepers for next year are:

C - Matt Wieters
    1B - Albert Pujols
    3B - David Wright
    SS - Starlin Castro
    OF - Jay Bruce
    OF - Ryan Braun
    SP- Zack Greinke
    SP - Felix Hernandez
    SP - Matt Cain

and my tenth spot will be a toss up between Jordan Zimmermann, Cameron Maybin, Jesus Montero and Logan Morrison.

Snoozer Lurkers
    Quote Originally Posted by erb8472 View Post
    Struck again haha. I usually don't make this many trades, but no matter where I'm at in the year I always look to improve my keepers for the future. I couldn't pass up the trade I made.

Gave up Mat Latos, Colby Lewis, and Austin Jackson for Felix Hernandez and Angel Pagan.

Current Ten Keepers for next year are:

C - Matt Wieters
    1B - Albert Pujols
    3B - David Wright
    SS - Starlin Castro
    OF - Jay Bruce
    OF - Ryan Braun
    SP- Zack Greinke
    SP - Felix Hernandez
    SP - Matt Cain

and my tenth spot will be a toss up between Jordan Zimmermann, Cameron Maybin, Jesus Montero and Logan Morrison.
    I'd go with Jordan Zimmermann.

So Pujols has been scaring the crap out of me with the way he has been playing. I realize he's not done, but his value diminishes with each season. I decided to pull the trigger and trade him today.

Traded Albert Pujols, Ryan Roberts, John Danks, and Justin Morneau for Curtis Granderson, Rickie Weeks, David Ortiz, Chris Carpenter, Tim Hudson, and Shaun Marcum. I feel like this was a pretty good haul for Pujols.

Current Roster:

C - Matt Wieters
    1B - Carlos Pena
    2B - Rickie Weeks
    3B - David Wright
    SS - Starlin Castro
    OF - Ryan Braun
    OF - Jay Bruce
    OF - Curtis Granderson
    UT - Shane Victorino
    UT - David Ortiz
    BN - Edwin Encarnacion, Cameron Maybin, Jesus Montero, and Logan Morrison

SP - Felix Hernandez, Zack Greinke, Matt Cain, Jordan Zimmerman, Tim Hudson, Shaun Marcum, Chris Carpenter, Ervin Santana, Max Scherzer, Gavin Floyd, and Trevor Bauer
    RP - Jason Motte, Brett Myers, and Matt Capps

I am in a 16 team head to head keeper league. There are 4 divisions of 4 teams. There are 6 playoff spots, 4 division winners and 2 wild cards. You get to choose 4 keepers. I play an opponent each week (Monday through Sunday), and you get W/L/T's that week for your performance vs the opponent on each category.

The measured categories are:
    Offense - R - HR - RBI - SB - AVG - OPS
    Pitching - W - SV - K - HLD - ERA - WHIP

My roster is as follows:
    C - Geovany Soto
    1B - Justin Mourneau
    2B - Kelly Johnson
    3B - David Wright (Keeper)
    SS - Hanley Ramirez (Keeper)

OF - Nick Markakis
    OF - Corey Hart
    OF - Lance Berkman (1B too)
    Util - Bryan LaHair (1B, OF)
    DL - Mark Reynolds (1B, 3B)
    DL - Chris Young (OF)

SP - Justin Verlander (Keeper)
    SP - Josh Johnson
    SP - David Price (Keeper)
    SP - Yu Darvish
    RP - Mike Adams
    RP - Joe Smith
    RP - Joaquin Benoit
    RP - Josh Lindblom
    P - Mitchell Boggs
    BN - Ivan Nova
    BN - Ervin Santana
    BN - Drew Hutchison
    BN - Bronson Arroyo
    BN - Jacob Turner
    BN - Jordan Lyles
    DL - Josh Tomlin
    DL - LaTroy Hawkins

A couple of things - I don't plan on having any offensive bench players, so when Reynolds and Young are back, I need to decide who I'm dropping. Same with Tomlin and Hawkins on the pitching side. Again, it's a 16 team league, so you have to dig deep. That's why, even though he's still in AAA, I have Jacob Turner stashed away, and have guys like Lyles and Hutchison on the team (not dependable yet, but there's upside).

Here is my question - I have a hole at catcher, Soto has been terrible. I have Hanley Ramirez who won't be SS eligible next season. It makes sense to try to trade HanRam and try to get as much value as possible given that I won't be keeping him next season (I'm keeping David Wright over him since both will be at 3B.)

I'm also contemplating selling Yu. Yu is a keeper quality starting pitcher, but I already have David Price and Justin Verlander.

So my two biggest trade chips are Yu Darvish and Hanley Ramirez. Given the league I'm in and my roster, what do you suggest?

I'm thinking try to trade Hanley Ramirez for a keeper level catcher and a decent SP.

Then try to trade Yu for a good starter and an above average SS.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I would trade Wright over HanRam. Wright has high value right now and is getting older for a keeper and has injury problems.

Maybe try to trade Wright for Carlos Santana and/or Matt Wieters.

Then look to try to trade Darvish for help at 3B. Maybe a young guy like Moustakas. He's been hitting pretty well recently.

Have made a few trades since my last post:

Traded Edwin Encarnacion and Jesus Montero for JJ Putz and Adam Wainwright.
    Traded Matt Wieters, Carlos Pena, Curtis Granderson, and Jordan Zimmermann for Adrian Gonzalez, Dustin Pedroia, Nelson Cruz, and Jesus Montero.

Current Roster (Keepers in Bold)

C - Jesus Montero
    1B - Adrian Gonzalez
    2B - Dustin Pedroia
    SS - Starlin Castro

3B - David Wright
    OF - Jay Bruce
    OF - Ryan Braun

OF - Shane Victorino
    UT - David Ortiz
    UT - Nelson Cruz
    BN - Cameron Maybin
    BN - Rickie Weeks
    DL - Victor Martinez
    DL - Carlos Quentin

SP - Felix Hernandez
    SP - Zack Greinke
    SP - Matt Cain

SP - Adam Wainwright
    SP - Tim Hudson
    SP - Shaun Marcum
    SP - Gavin Floyd
    SP - Ervin Santana
    SP - Max Scherzer
    SP - Ryan Vogelson
    RP - JJ Putz
    RP - Jason Motte
    RP - Brett Myers
    RP - Matt Capps
    RP - Scott Downs
    RP - Brian Fuentes
    DL - Brett Anderson
    DL - Chris Carpenter

Sitting in 1st place after 5 weeks with a 35-11-4 record and I'm 10 games up on first place.

Quote Originally Posted by erb8472 View Post
    I would trade Wright over HanRam. Wright has high value right now and is getting older for a keeper and has injury problems.

Maybe try to trade Wright for Carlos Santana and/or Matt Wieters.

Then look to try to trade Darvish for help at 3B. Maybe a young guy like Moustakas. He's been hitting pretty well recently.
    Thanks - BTW, I like your Pujols trade, well done. I haven't checked this section much, but I'll try to chime in more often.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
    Thanks - BTW, I like your Pujols trade, well done. I haven't checked this section much, but I'll try to chime in more often.
    Yeah it's looking better and better everyday.

Yeah I love talking Fantasy Baseball. Your team looks real good for a 16 team league.