1. #46
    CA-ORIOLE is offline Plus Members Since 9/11 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SOCAL
    Posts
    13,682
    Quote Originally Posted by MurphDogg View Post
    My guess is that if it was a lefty pitching, Reimold would be in there.
    Maybe, but Reimold hits LHP worse than RHP and Chavez hits LHP better than RHP. I'm guessing Buck is being cautious.

  2. #47
    dan-O's Avatar
    dan-O is offline Plus Member Since 07/08 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    19,642
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK27 View Post
    Yeah ...Sucks IMO Orioles get a guys red hot and they need to sit him on the bench.
    He had a leg cramp yesterday, otherwise he would have been in the lineup. Probably giving him another day with the same issue.

  3. #48
    OFFNY's Avatar
    OFFNY is online now Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brewster, NY
    Posts
    35,801
    .
    vs. WHITE SOX 4/17

    ORIOLES

    Nolan Reimold - LF
    J.J. Hardy - SS
    Nick Markakis - RF
    Adam Jones - CF
    Matt Wieters - C
    Mark Reynolds - DH
    Wilson Betemit - 3B
    Chris Davis - 1B
    Robert Andino - 2B

    Wie-Yin Chen - LHP (0-0, 3.18 ERA)

    http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

  4. #49
    OFFNY's Avatar
    OFFNY is online now Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brewster, NY
    Posts
    35,801
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFNY View Post
    .
    vs. WHITE SOX 4/17

    ORIOLES

    Nolan Reimold - LF
    J.J. Hardy - SS
    Nick Markakis - RF
    Adam Jones - CF
    Matt Wieters - C
    Mark Reynolds - DH
    Wilson Betemit - 3B
    Chris Davis - 1B
    Robert Andino - 2B

    Wie-Yin Chen - LHP (0-0, 3.18 ERA)

    http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php
    Great offense late in yesterday's game ........ in addition, how about we also have an error-free game tonight, guys ???

  5. #50
    OFFNY's Avatar
    OFFNY is online now Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brewster, NY
    Posts
    35,801
    .
    vs. WHITE SOX 4/18

    ORIOLES

    Nolan Reimold - LF
    J.J. Hardy - SS
    Nick Markakis - DH
    Adam Jones - CF
    Matt Wieters - C
    Endy Chavez - RF
    Mark Reynolds - 3B
    Chris Davis - 1B
    Robert Andino - 2B

    Tommy Hunter - RHP (1-0, 2.77 ERA)

    http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

  6. #51
    backwardsk's Avatar
    backwardsk is online now Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lorton, VA
    Posts
    8,744
    Odd. No problems with the four OFer lineup, but I'd swap Chavez and Davis in the order.

  7. #52
    murph is offline Plus Member Since 4/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Manchester, MD
    Posts
    3,384
    Quote Originally Posted by backwardsk View Post
    Odd. No problems with the four OFer lineup, but I'd swap Chavez and Davis in the order.
    Agreed, maybe even swap Andino and Chavez.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    745
    It seems like we have 2 groups of hot hitters - david, andino, reimold and then jones/wieters. between them the guys are struggling, leading to a ton of killed ralllies

  9. #54
    kyleott's Avatar
    kyleott is offline Plus Member Since 11/12 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    752
    After a lot of thought, here is my ideal lineup:

    Reimold (LF)
    Markakis (RF)
    Jones (CF)
    Wieters (C)
    Hardy (SS)
    Reynolds (DH)
    Betemit (3B)
    Davis (1B)
    Andino (2B)

    I think it is still important that we separate Davis and Reynolds. Obviously we are going to have an issue with our defense at 3B, so we kind of have to bite the bullet with either Reynolds or Betemit. I also think both Markakis and Hardy are much better suited in the 2 and 5 hole respectively, and I like the protection that Hardy provides Wieters much more than that of Nick Johnson.

  10. #55
    Oriology's Avatar
    Oriology is offline Plus Member since 07/11 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFNY View Post
    .
    vs. WHITE SOX 4/18

    ORIOLES

    Nolan Reimold - LF
    J.J. Hardy - SS
    Nick Markakis - DH
    Adam Jones - CF
    Matt Wieters - C
    Endy Chavez - RF
    Mark Reynolds - 3B
    Chris Davis - 1B
    Robert Andino - 2B

    Tommy Hunter - RHP (1-0, 2.77 ERA)

    http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php
    I guess Nick is getting a rest from RF for his abdomen? Chavez in the 6-spot doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

  11. #56
    crissfan172's Avatar
    crissfan172 is offline Plus Member since 12/10 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dover, PA
    Posts
    10,404
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleott View Post
    After a lot of thought, here is my ideal lineup:

    Reimold (LF)
    Markakis (RF)
    Jones (CF)
    Wieters (C)
    Hardy (SS)
    Reynolds (DH)
    Betemit (3B)
    Davis (1B)
    Andino (2B)

    I think it is still important that we separate Davis and Reynolds. Obviously we are going to have an issue with our defense at 3B, so we kind of have to bite the bullet with either Reynolds or Betemit. I also think both Markakis and Hardy are much better suited in the 2 and 5 hole respectively, and I like the protection that Hardy provides Wieters much more than that of Nick Johnson.
    This is what I would go with, which makes you a very wise man.

  12. #57
    OFFNY's Avatar
    OFFNY is online now Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brewster, NY
    Posts
    35,801
    .
    vs. WHITE SOX 4/19

    ORIOLES

    Endy Chavez -LF
    J.J. Hardy - SS
    Nick Markakis - RF
    Adam Jones - CF
    Nick Johnson - DH
    Mark Reynolds - 3B
    Chris Davis 1B
    Ronny Paulino - C
    Robert Andino - 2B

    http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFNY View Post
    .
    vs. WHITE SOX 4/19

    ORIOLES

    Endy Chavez -LF
    J.J. Hardy - SS
    Nick Markakis - RF
    Adam Jones - CF
    Nick Johnson - DH
    Mark Reynolds - 3B
    Chris Davis 1B
    Ronny Paulino - C
    Robert Andino - 2B

    http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php
    That is a pretty rough lineup. Which means they may score 10 runs!

  14. #59
    Dipper9's Avatar
    Dipper9 is offline Plus Member Since 03/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    I'd rather be in OC.
    Posts
    20,615
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFNY View Post
    .
    vs. WHITE SOX 4/19

    ORIOLES

    Endy Chavez -LF
    J.J. Hardy - SS
    Nick Markakis - RF
    Adam Jones - CF
    Nick Johnson - DH
    Mark Reynolds - 3B
    Chris Davis 1B
    Ronny Paulino - C
    Robert Andino - 2B

    http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php
    Looks like Buck is content with 2 out of 4 in Chicago.

    Not sure why Chavez is getting so much playing time? I guess he's the new Pie...keep throwing the 4th outfielder out there for no good reason.

  15. #60
    clapdiddy is offline Plus Member Since 02/03 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    17,014
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFNY View Post
    .
    vs. WHITE SOX 4/19

    ORIOLES

    Endy Chavez -LF
    J.J. Hardy - SS
    Nick Markakis - RF
    Adam Jones - CF
    Nick Johnson - DH
    Mark Reynolds - 3B
    Chris Davis 1B
    Ronny Paulino - C
    Robert Andino - 2B

    http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php
    Where in the world is Reimold? The guy is on fire right now.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

OriolesHangout.com is an unofficial site and not associated with the Baltimore Orioles and part of Hangout Ventures LLC. Copyright ©2013 | Privacy Policy | Advertise with us