+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
04-13-2012 08:19 AM #1
Minor League Game Summaries, 4/12
They are here.
04-13-2012 09:05 AM #2
- Chris Tillman (1-1) was sharp in his second outing of the year, as he surrendered just three hits in 5.2 innings of work. The 23-year-old walked two and struck out eight, throwing 64 of his 100 pitches for strikes.
- Buck Britton (.345) went 5-for-6 with two doubles. I was talking to a scout the other day at the game we both agreed that Britton is not a bad little player. It's ashamed he really doesn't have a position though. He got a good arm but he has almost no range at third base which means he's probably limited to 1B/DH and he really doesn't have the power for those positions. Either way, I could see him one day being an up down guy or maybe get lucky like Howie Clark and get some time somewhere. He's actually a similar player to Clark. I haven't seen him in LF but maybe he can be passable out there.
- I know that Jacob Pettit has never been mentioned by anyone as a prospect, but since he's moved to Frederick last year he's been pretty darn good. I think I'm going to venture out to see one of his starts this year.
- Kyle Simon (7.27 ERA) allowed eight runs, four earned on seven hits and two walks in just five and a third innings. I'm still not sure why they decided to try him out as a starter. Other than his scouting video I didn't see him pitch last year but the reports were that he could move quickly as a reliever. I understand getting guys experience as starters, but if the guys can be a ground ball inducing right-handed out of the pen, why are the Orioles worried about seeing him pitch five plus innings?
- First round pick Jose Fernandez mowed down eight Shorebirds last night in five shutout innings. Johnny Reuttiger and Connor Narron each struck out three time on the night.
I'm going to Delmarva tonight but it looks like I missed Bundy, Berry and Louico, three guys I wanted to see throw.