2012 Washington Nationals Thread

NewMarketSean

Ok, I figured I'd start this instead of responding to various Nats-themed threads.

Nats are 5-2, rotation is looking solid, offense is pretty weak, and the bullpen has been shaky.

David Morse has been shutdown for 6 weeks.

Drew Storen is going to miss a lot of time too and looks to be back by the ASB, but who knows.

So there are 2 key injuries that this team has to overcome.

Discuss.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gio looked good. Stras appears to be back full steam ahead. When Michael Morse gets back the rumor is now that Harper could come up with him. Werth appears to have rebounded from a miserable year last year but still seems to be missing the power he generated from hitting in Citizens Bank.

This team can be a legitimate contender. The NL East is way less competitive this year and they've got 3 really top end starters in Gio/Stras/Zimm. They are a team to really keep an eye on. So far they are 5-2 without those guys, but looks like they'll miss both for about 8 weeks, so it will be interesting to see.

Their rotation is pretty balanced with Jackson and Detwiler on the backend. I don't see them going on long losing streaks because of that. Their bullpen will be fine without Storen with Clippard, Rodriguez, and Lidge.

Their success depends on the offense especially their middle infield production, IMO.

Ok, I figured I'd start this instead of responding to various Nats-themed threads.

Nats are 5-2, rotation is looking solid, offense is pretty weak, and the bullpen has been shaky.

David Morse has been shutdown for 6 weeks.

Drew Storen is going to miss a lot of time too and looks to be back by the ASB, but who knows.

So there are 2 key injuries that this team has to overcome.

Discuss.

Who is this David Morse fellow? He any good? Would be a great comeback story I guess. :P

Not really baseball-related, but Springsteen is playing Nats park on September 14. Have there ever been any concerts at OPACY? I know it was talked about a while back.

Do you guys not remember the concert in the park series a while back?

Such luminaries as Eddie Money and Joan Jett presided, I remember.

Though I don't think that was actually in the stadium. Could be wrong, though.

Nats with another walk off win in extra innings. Exciting team.

They be making me mad tonight, fantasy wise. I have Zimmermann, he tosses 7 innings of 1 run ball and can't get a win. I also have Rodriguez who pitches the 9th, but they can't walk it off then.

I listened to a Gio Gonzalez interview on my way home from work. Man, he's impressive. I know they gave up a lot for him, but I think it's well worth it.

Do you guys not remember the concert in the park series a while back?

Such luminaries as Eddie Money and Joan Jett presided, I remember.

Though I don't think that was actually in the stadium. Could be wrong, though.

That was on Camden Street. No concerts inside the park.

Archived