+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    Yeah I wrote about this a couple months ago. 70% of their attendance are people with free tickets from work, it's still going to take a few more weeks of good baseball before people hop on the bandwagon (it'll pick up when they jump off the CAPS bandwagon).

I don't look so crazy for calling them a playoff team when they made the Gio trade now huh?
    They get the first wildcard. That was my prediction as well. Davey Johnson is looking real good right now. People were freaking out in ST when Gio was getting rattled around too. I agree, you have to give up value to get value. You cannot sit on your hands all the time if you wanna win.

NewMarketSean is offline Plus member Since 05/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Another late inning come from behind victory for the Nats tonight. First team to 10 wins.

The Nats are playing great ball right now. Who is the manager of that team anyways?

Slappy is offline Plus Member Since 07/09 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    As much as I'd like to pooh pooh the Nats, I can't. They have a great rotation and a solid bullpen, and they could get better with Morse coming back and Harper on deck. At worst they are the second best team in that division.

Pending the Rangers outcome tonight, the Nats have the best record in baseball!!!!! WOHOOOOOO!!

All Davey Johnson does is WIN!!! He is the original Tebow!!!

Oriology is offline Plus Member since 07/11 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Nats coming back down to earth after a four game skid. They now have the same record as the lowly Orioles.

All joking aside, their pitching does look legit, but the lack of offense is going to hurt them all year.

NewMarketSean is offline Plus member Since 05/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Nats just won an exciting game in which Pedro Beato bounced a curve ball with 2 outs and the bases loaded. They are 52-36 and have the best record in the NL. Remember when the Os and Nats were both in first place? We found out who the pretender was really fast.

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMarketSean View Post
    Nats just won an exciting game in which Pedro Beato bounced a curve ball with 2 outs and the bases loaded. They are 52-36 and have the best record in the NL. Remember when the Os and Nats were both in first place? We found out who the pretender was really fast.
    I always expected the Nats to be better. Their pitching is superb. Still glad we beat them 4 out of 6. And, I will root for the Nats in the post-season even though I am lukewarm about them.

Its actually funny how we start off pretty good every year and then absolutley become a disaster. I saw it coming, we were a fluke. People were getting all excited around here which was good and all but it created a false hope that it would last.

It just sucks to see the Nats are the truth and based on their youth, their vets, their GM's ability to make moves....they will be a winner for years to come im afraid barring some major injuries.

I hate seeing that team and how we could have easily become them via the draft/other personnell decsions. What I would give to be able to trade teams and have some hope for once in my life as an O's fan.

It's also funny to hear the jealousy from O's fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMarketSean View Post
    It's also funny to hear the jealousy from O's fans.
    I think it was jealousy back when they were racking up #1 overall picks meanwhile we were a terrible team but drafted a few spots afterward. But now, its just anger...not mad at them per se but just mad at the situation and where we are at.

Quote Originally Posted by CalvertCo.OsFan View Post
    I think it was jealousy back when they were racking up #1 overall picks meanwhile we were a terrible team but drafted a few spots afterward. But now, its just anger...not mad at them per se but just mad at the situation and where we are at.
    I know Harper and Strasburg are very unique talents but the Orioles have drafted their share of talented players and not seen them succeed, or even make an impact.

The Nationals are good right now for many more reasons than just getting two #1 draft picks in a row.

So, about those Nationals....20 games above .500...tied for the best record in baseball...their offense is scoring runs, their pitching is still lights out...this is a legit World Series contender. I am going to the game on Tuesday. Screw the Phillies!
    Last edited by NewMarketSean; 07-27-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Moose Milligan is offline Plus Member Since 06/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I've been to two games this year, and I get flack from McNulty and AO and others but quite frankly I don't give a crap. It just so happens that there's a great baseball team right in my backyard and the tickets have been free.

And this is also blasphemous, but I love Nats park. The open concourse looking out onto the field is awesome. I don't think it's as great as Camden Yards but I don't think it's far behind, either.

It's a nice stadium. It lacks the localized flair that OPACY and PNC and other stadiums have since it's basically been plopped down into an industrial park with no views of the monuments or the Capitol, but it is a nice stadium and the team is exciting. I don't get all the Nats hate from O's fans. Both teams are playing well. Enjoy it. It's great for the Baltimore/DC area.