+ Reply to Thread
    Frobby is online now Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Eight games, and eight different Orioles have homered already

2 - Markakis, Jones, Reimold, Hardy, Wieters
    1 - Betemit, Davis, Andino

That's what you call having power up and down the lineup. And Reynolds hasn't homered yet! We could see a lot of long balls this year.

Wieters is really showing a lot this year. He's a clear team captain and now he's got the offensive prowess and clutch hitting to back it up and supplement his league leading defensive skills.

But I don't know if there's anyone who has Davis' raw power. That home run he hit today was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post
    2 - Markakis, Jones, Reimold, Hardy, Wieters
    1 - Betemit, Davis, Andino

That's what you call having power up and down the lineup. And Reynolds hasn't homered yet! We could see a lot of long balls this year.
    Before today's game, the O's were behind only the Tigers in SLG at .455.

GoldGlove21 is offline Plus Member since 7/09 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagwar View Post
    Before today's game, the O's were behind only the Tigers in SLG at .455.
    That is the AL only, the O's are behind only the Cardinals and Tigers in all of baseball. The Orioles have top-6 power, it is the OBP that will be the number that drags down OPS IMO. This team should be no worse than 6-2 right now and I really do feel that we could easily be 7-1 based on how the team has pitched and hit as a whole.

I still think that this team was a very good arm, bat and relief pitching away from being pretty good. The Orioles have one thing that other teams do not have. IF, they were to stay above .500 through say 80 games, they could possibly reach into the minors and pull Machado and Bundy up to make the club more potent. Do I think that happens, No. But it would make thing interesting in Baltimore. I will say this, most shortstops with good arms could become very good third baseman. Sliding Hardy over to second and Andino to third could work also.

This team would be in better shape had Britton stayed healthy IMO. The Britton injury hurts.