• Orioles win, Matusz no decision

12 33.33%
  • Orioles lose, Matusz loses

7 19.44%
  • Orioles lose, Matusz no decision

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

I Think Tomorrow's Game Will Be a Slugfest

The ball has been absolutely flying the first two games of this series. Tomorrow will be a warm, humid day in Toronto, with dropping barometric pressure from an approaching storm system, and the roof will likely be open, making conditions even more conducive for home runs. Matusz will have to do a good job of keeping the ball down and the Orioles will have to continue slugging against Drabek.

Of course I'm wrong as much as I'm right.

Who do you got?

El Gordo is offline Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I think it will be a close low scoring game.

allquixotic is offline Plus Member since 05/11 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I feel like we're due to have a grand salami hit in one of our games. The O's haven't played a game where a grand slam was hit, yet, in 2012. The law of averages states that it's gonna happen. It would be extremely improbable for the O's to go through an entire season without seeing one, either from one of our own, or against one of our pitchers.

In a game with Matusz, it may as well be tomorrow.

Anyway, it's just a gut feeling, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by allquixotic View Post
    I feel like we're due to have a grand salami hit in one of our games. The O's haven't played a game where a grand slam was hit, yet, in 2012. The law of averages states that it's gonna happen. It would be extremely improbable for the O's to go through an entire season without seeing one, either from one of our own, or against one of our pitchers.

Maybe Jim Palmer is infusing himself into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by allquixotic View Post

We've played 8 games...

I'll say we win 7-3. Why not.

8-1 Blue Jays. No confidence in Matusz. I hope I'm wrong.