+ Reply to Thread
    Todd-O is offline Plus Member since 02/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Zach Britton progressing....

@Britt_Ghiroli: Britton has thrown 3 days in a row at ext spring with no pain. That's a very good sign. #Orioles

Todd-O is offline Plus Member since 02/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    @masnRoch: Updating Britton and a few other things - School of Roch: Zach Britton has played catch for three consecutive da... http://t.co/n7Cumz96

crowmst3k! is offline Plus Member Since 08/09 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Hooray, PRP! Would love to see Britton return to the rotation before too long.

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crowmst3k! View Post
    Hooray, PRP! Would love to see Britton return to the rotation before too long.
    He can work on commanding that 2 seamer in the zone at Norfolk until one of the starters falters a bit more. Maybe even give Wada a chance to fail.

I am not really interested in having a Boras client on the 25 man that still has things to work out in the minors when they have alternatives.

RZNJ is online now Plus member Since 04/03 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    He was progressing during ST too. Doubt we'll know if he's really okay until he starts pitching off of mound or in game like conditions a few times.

crowmst3k! is offline Plus Member Since 08/09 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    I wonder if Bergy's troubles maintaining his sinker would get better if he was given PRP, as well.

El Gordo is offline Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I found Wada being a couple of rehab starts away interesting. Think Matusz better show something the next couple of times out.
    Last edited by El Gordo; 04-15-2012 at 11:28 AM.

You're right Gordo... Matusz is going to have these two guys (potentially) breathing down his neck.

I hope we can get five decent starters and a long man out of this.

Hey - has anyone been keeping up on Tillman down in the MiL?

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd-O View Post
    You're right Gordo... Matusz is going to have these two guys (potentially) breathing down his neck.

I hope we can get five decent starters and a long man out of this.

Hey - has anyone been keeping up on Tillman down in the MiL?
    First start was bad, second start was good but high pitch count.

Typical Tillman.

AgentOrange is offline Plus member since 03/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I found Wada being a couple of rehab starts away interesting. Think Matusz better show something the next couple of times out.

I think Wada would be more valueable to the team as the long man in the BP. It doesn't make sense to send Matusz down just to put Wada in his place if we don't have a long man in the BP. If that changes and we do get a long man, then I have no issue with Wada replacing Matusz if he continues to struggle.

The stuff was good last time out, it was a very tough matchup.

El Gordo is offline Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I think Wada would be more valueable to the team as the long man in the BP. It doesn't make sense to send Matusz down just to put Wada in his place if we don't have a long man in the BP. If that changes and we do get a long man, then I have no issue with Wada replacing Matusz if he continues to struggle.

The stuff was good last time out, it was a very tough matchup.
    Buck has said repeatedly that he sees Wada as aSP. He also respects Wada as a successfull vetern NPB pitcher. He is putting Matusz in situations where he is challenged. Matusz still has a lot to prove. If he has two more outings like his lst one, then I see Wada in the rotation and Matusz in Norfolk, with his buddies Britton and Tillman. If Matusz pitches well enough to stay in the rotation, chances are that Hunter might not, and he becomes the long man/spot starter. I also think Buck is going to use the spot starter more frequently than usual in order to help Chen and Wada adjust to the 4 day rest cycle. Sort of a 51/2 man rotation, for a while anyway.