+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can_of_corn is offline Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Word is the Atros are already shopping Brett Myers.

Todd-O is offline Plus Member since 02/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
    Another team to potentially overpay for JJ!
    Why get rid of him now? We have no idea where this season is going.

Personally, I hold assets if I'm the O's.

Todd-O is offline Plus Member since 02/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    ^. That being said, I'll drive Gregg out to the bay area on my own coin.

Hooded Viper is offline Plus Member Since September 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    The focus of the organization is to win now, right or wrong, so any thoughts of JJ or Jones or anyone of worth being traded is just a fruitless endeavor. The only way it happens is if team completely craps the bed. Again, for right or wrong

Can_of_corn is offline Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Viper View Post
    The focus of the organization is to win now, right or wrong, so any thoughts of JJ or Jones or anyone of worth being traded is just a fruitless endeavor. The only way it happens is if team completely craps the bed. Again, for right or wrong
    It would take an above market deal for me to consider dumping JJ at this point. That being said, the O's are not making the playoffs this season. If, later in the season, an opportunity arises to trade JJ, who is about to start getting expensive, for a significant haul you have to consider it. The O's need talent and they certainly have not show an ability to develop it fast enough internally.

Owen21 is offline Plus Member Since 02/09 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
    Another team to potentially overpay for JJ!
    Brandon Belt !

Hooded Viper is offline Plus Member Since September 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Can_of_corn View Post
    It would take an above market deal for me to consider dumping JJ at this point. That being said, the O's are not making the playoffs this season. If, later in the season, an opportunity arises to trade JJ, who is about to start getting expensive, for a significant haul you have to consider it. The O's need talent and they certainly have not show an ability to develop it fast enough internally.
    Absolutely but I just don't see it happening.