+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Can_of_corn View Post
    I haven't come to any conclusions yet and you are probably right I am just musing out loud at this point.
    Yeah same here, was just trying to rationalize what could be up. I mean I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Brian is going on a Sunday so the subs are playing for him, they generally play Sunday either way, but you gotta rest guys sooner or later, and 2 back to back off days is really nice for a starting C (Monday being an off day usually).

I don't think they are punting or trying to make it harder for Brian, but it just worked out that way. If Brian just does his thing out there it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

RZNJ is offline Plus member Since 04/03 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I don't really have a problem with the lineup, even Reimold sitting. I like our bench guys. Wouldn't be surprised to see Chavez or Nick Johnson make a nice contribution today. My biggest concern is the defense with Andino at SS and Flaherty at 2B. I think we are downgraded at two spots there. Andino is good but not as surehanded as Hardy and just more error prone at SS. Flaherty is probably a big dropoff from Andino. I'd expect a DP or two might be messed up today.
    Last edited by RZNJ; 04-15-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by RZNJ View Post
    I don't really have a problem with the lineup, even Reimold sitting. I like our bench guys. Wouldn't be surprised to see Chavez or Nick Johnson make a nice contribution today.
    I do like Nick against Drabek. Drabek tends to have control issues so I can see Nick getting on base a couple times.

scottbbfm is offline Plus member since 06/09 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    It'll be interesting who Buck swaps in at the end of the game if it's close.

I have zero probs with the lineup (maybe Reimold being out) I also think Buck had zero interest in playing Reynolds on that turf.

That said, if it was a home game and I was going I'd be a little irritated.

El Gordo is offline Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbbfm View Post
    It'll be interesting who Buck swaps in at the end of the game if it's close.

I have zero probs with the lineup (maybe Reimold being out) I also think Buck had zero interest in playing Reynolds on that turf.

That said, if it was a home game and I was going I'd be a little irritated.
    Good point.

hendu is offline Plus Member Since 1/13 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I'm sorry, but Buck needs to get it together. To have Endy Chavez in the lineup instead of a hot Reimold is completely inexcusable. HORRIBLE.

skanar is offline Plus Member Since 10/12 Major League Starter Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Via Roch, Buck says that Reimold's leg cramped up late in yesterday's game and Buck didn't want to risk it on the turf.

El Gordo is offline Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by skanar View Post
    Via Roch, Buck says that Reimold's leg cramped up late in yesterday's game and Buck didn't want to risk it on the turf.
    Yeah and Reynolds has a sore throat. Sure, yeah, that's the ticket.