+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Everyone has had their say for the most part. It's time to move forward. Out of all of this, two people quit as members (one of which I was hoping for), I only had to remove one person (it was a long time coming), and we've had over 30 new people sign up in the last two days. I'm not asking anyone else to leave now, let's just move forward. I know who our loyal Hangouters are and who are just members. At the end of the day, if you don't break any rules, and you are respectful, you are welcome here regardless.

Satyr3206 is offline Plus Member since Oct 08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
    Everyone has had their say for the most part. It's time to move forward. Out of all of this, two people quit as members (one of which I was hoping for), I only had to remove one person (it was a long time coming), and we've had over 30 new people sign up in the last two days. I'm not asking anyone else to leave now, let's just move forward. I know who our loyal Hangouters are and who are just members. At the end of the day, if you don't break any rules, and you are respectful, you are welcome here regardless.
    I was a little late getting to this party and seeing what was going on, but I did want to express my views. When I got the PM about signing up at Stoners site, I really didn't give it much thought. I signed up, but I never posted because the site didn't have a whole lot of content. Now that I know the whole story, I definitely will never post there and let me tell you why. Most of my life I have either had my own businesses or been in partnership with others. I cannot tell you how many times partners, employees and even relatives have stabbed me in the back in business deals using my knowledge, ideas, work, or contacts to further their own businesses or agendas. I completely get where Tony is coming from and if others don't get that than nothing I, or anyone else says, will matter.

CA-ORIOLE is offline Plus Members Since 9/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr3206 View Post
    I definitely will never post there and let me tell you why. Most of my life I have either had my own businesses or been in partnership with others. I cannot tell you how many times partners, employees and even relatives have stabbed me in the back in business deals using my knowledge, ideas, work, or contacts to further their own businesses or agendas. I completely get where Tony is coming from and if others don't get that than nothing I, or anyone else says, will matter.
    This pretty much echoes my sentiments as well and why I side with Tony on this and the Bader incident as well. Yeah, maybe Tony should take a step back, be more professional and not wear his heart on his sleeve, or be so emotional, but in the end it hurts. Make no mistake about it, it hurts.
    Last edited by CA-ORIOLE; 04-19-2012 at 02:38 PM.

cindyluvsbrady is offline Plus Member since 03/03 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipper9 View Post
    Somebody in the other thread made mention of "they don't understand the loyalty to a 'message board'." Let me break it down for those who don't understand.

All of us came here as Orioles fans, but a funny thing happened along the way. We met friends. That's right. Many of my friends on here are faceless, but they are friends none-the-less. People have gotten married from meeting on the Hangout. People have had children together who would have otherwise never met. Take a look at the Hangout Club and you'll see threads on people's children, parents, car accidents, deaths of close friends and family. We come here to talk to friends, and along with those friends, we laugh, we cry, we get angry sometimes, but through it all, we come here because its a fun place to "Hangout" with people who have things in common. If that is too hard to understand for some, then so be it, but this place is SO MUCH MORE than an "Orioles message board."
    This is so true Dipper!!!

Malike is offline Plus Member Since 5/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I've never met Tony, or Chris, but I know one thing and that is Tony is a soldier. Now, I'm not just referring to title, because when you make a career out of it, it becomes a mindset and a lifestyle. Its hard for me to get upset when Tony gets defensive and not because of what he has done for his country and the rest of it, but because I know how different the mindset is from a civilians. People who are sworn to protect have a tendency to be defensive, and perhaps even a little paranoid, as this is how you survive. If you attack a soldier, you should expect to be met with equal or excessive force and while it may not seem fair, as I said before its a mindset that is necessary for survival and its not easily turned off like a light switch. I would just advise people to put all the petty nonsense away and lets get back to what makes this place great. Not everyone has to get along, but everyone has to respect the rules and just like in real life, if you don't respect the rules (laws) then you get yourself jammed up.