How's Yu Doing?

Mashed Potatoes

I see that he's getting some wins, not going very deep into games, and is walking a lot of guys. Has anyone seen him pitch this year?

Saw some highlights on MLB Network. He has some really nasty stuff. K'd a guy looking on a 95 MPH fastball at the knees on the black. He also had some guys swinging at some nasty breaking balls in the dirt. He def looks like a ML Power Pitcher, stuff wise.

I've watched him a couple times. I'm no expert but he looks like the real deal to me. I watched his first game and he had that "deer in the headlights" look. His last game against Detroit he still looked nervous but not nearly as bad. His control isn't there but he has nasty nasty stuff. I believe the American strike zone is different than what he is accustomed to so some adjusting may be needed. If he regains the control he showed overseas, he will be one of the very best.

I said two years ago that the biggest issue Yu was going to have was keeping his pitch counts under control.

I stand by that assessment.

For someone as dominant as he was in Japan, he wasn't very pitch efficient. I think he will be a very good 6 inning starter and I think the Rangers are paying for more then that.

(APRIL 24th, vs. THE YANKEES)

YANKEES

Derek Jeter - SS

Curtis Granderson - CF

Alex Rodriguez - DH

Robinson Cano - 2B

Mark Teixeira - 1B

Nick Swisher - RF

Raul Ibanez - LF

Eric Chavez - 3B

Russell Martin - C

Hiroki Kuroda - RHP (1-2, 5.00 ERA)

RANGERS

Ian Kinsler - 2B

Elvis Andrus - SS

Josh Hamilton - CF

Adrian Beltre - 3B

Michael Young - DH

Nelson Cruz - RF

David Murphy - LF

Mike Napoli - C

Mitch Moreland - 1B

Yu Darvish - RHP (2-0, 3.57 ERA)

Let's go, Yu. Perhaps a few of us can scoot over here after the Orioles-Blue Jays game is over. :)

Archived