+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild Wars 2

orayole is offline Plus Member Since 4/08 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation

Guild Wars 2

Anyone here getting it? Anyone a Guild Wars 1 vet?

Arthorn is offline Plus Member Since 01/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation
    I prepurchased it the first day I could. I can't wait for the official release.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Spoonless is offline Plus Member since 2006 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    So, anybody playing?

I've been having a blast. Never played the original, but this is just fantastic. I don't think I've ever played a MMO where I just didn't care what level I was, like I do in GW2. WvWvW is pretty fun, and will be much better once matches last longer than 24h, making upgrades worth the cost. Of course, they should make the upgrades share-able, so you could donate like 5 silver towards an upgrade that costs 35 or whatever. I like that leveling up does give you bonuses, but you can be effective in PvP at a fairly low level.

Guardian is pretty cool; I have always liked playing sword and board characters. I like to swap between sword and shield, and a greatsword. You have a lot of utility in a group, with a ton of defensive buffs and heals. Engineer has become my favorite class, however. I am running an elixir/dual pistols build and it's really fun for me. Almost everything I do applies a DoT and I have a lot of escapability with the various elixirs. Healing isn't as strong in this build, but it works if I pay attention and avoid incoming damage.

So far, the story quests have been alright, but not particularly gripping for me. That said, I've only really hit the mid-30's, so they haven't really ramped up yet. All in all, it's not the voice acting quality in SWTOR but it's certainly good enough to keep me playing.

All in all, I'm having a really good time, and it's certainly worth the purchase price. You're not forced to use the gem store (read: real-money store), and can certainly experience almost everything the game has to offer without it. You get 5 character slots with your purchased copy, which is enough to play every race, but not every profession (class). Of course, you can delete characters you don't like, so you could try all the professions out, but would be unable to have all of them on unique characters without purchasing character slots or a second account. I haven't personally spent any real money on the game; I might in the future purchase character slots, but that's likely months away.

I'm enjoying what little I've had the chance to play, up to level 18 with my Necromancer. Mostly running a dual-daggers setup.

Lanik.5307 if anyone wants to add me.
    Last edited by JDRex05; 09-12-2012 at 04:53 PM.

My father played the first one an insane amount. Not sure if he got the second one.

I've been playing and having a blast. I never played GW1, I was too stuck on WOW and EQ2 back when it came out. So far, this game has been a lot of fun. I think refreshing is the best way to describe this game. It's very different. Not your usual MMO. I think the dynamic events are pretty well done. The "heart questing" is different enough that it's refreshing. The personal story is done really well too.

There have been a few times when I would head out to do something and get side tracked and spend a good amount of time just doing the things are happening in the world.

Good game so far.

Malike is offline Plus Member Since 5/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I have been having fun with this too. I never played GW1, and one thing that kind of bugs me is every class is essentially the same. I'm used to the Holy Trinity classes, and here, pretty much every class can do everything. Regardless, its fun and the graphics are excellent.