+ Reply to Thread

Who do you WANT to see in Round 2?

With two more east quarters to be decided tomorrow, there are several scenarios for the Caps' second round opponent. The only remaining teams that we cannot play are Ottawa and Florida in Round 2.

If NY wins we play them, period.

If NJ and OTT win we play the Devils.

If Florida and OTT win we play the Flyers.

Personally, I'd LOVE to get a shot at the Devils. They don't really scare me (although they do have talent). I'd rather not play the Rangers and I REALLY don't want to see Philly.

Sooooo, go Devils and Senators tomorrow!

Anyone but Philthy in the 2nd round, although Bryzgalov is awful. I guess if I had a choice, I'd take the NJD.

BTW, for those of you playing the home game, the Caps just played amazing team defense in a 7 game Stanley Cup playoff series with great goal tending and knocked off the defending Stanley Cup Champs!!!

Yes, still hammered.
    Last edited by The Rick; 04-26-2012 at 12:13 AM.

DuffMan is offline Plus Member Since 10/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I'd prefer they play the Rags.

Mashed Potatoes is offline Plus Member Since 04/06 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Gimme the Rangers. They'll also be tired after a long hard series, and it would be awesome to knock off Boston and New York back to back.

Giant Killers!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
    I'd prefer they play the Rags.
    How come? Do you believe they are overrated as the #1 seed or because we have done well against them in the past?

DuffMan is offline Plus Member Since 10/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Cerrano View Post
    How come? Do you believe they are overrated as the #1 seed or because we have done well against them in the past?
    Both. The Caps are a more talented team than the Rangers. Don't get me wrong NY has some talented players and a great goalie as well, but one of the big reasons for their success has been that
    they are one of the hardest working teams out there and will outwork their opponent. Now that the Caps have bought into Hunter's system and are willing to work hard and do the little things to win a series NY won't have that advantage over them. If the Caps put in the same kind of effort against NY (should we play them) as they did against Boston they should win this series.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
    If the Caps put in the same kind of effort against NY (should we play them) as they did against Boston they should win this series.
    If the Caps can maintain their level of play, I really don't care who we play. Not afraid of the Rags and we are playing better than Philly.

Maybe im in the minority here, but give me the Flyers. They have terrible goaltending. Everyone is saying they dont want to see Philly before we have too, but we just beat arguably the best goalie in the league, and I'd prefer to have a goalie who is struggling right now and take our chances. Philly wont score half as many goals against us as they did against Pittsburgh.