+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    TiredofLosing20 is offline Plus Member Since September 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. FLK View Post
    Question it: Yes. Act like this is some tragedy that proves Shanny is a moron: No.
    Agreed, it is questionable and odd or bizarre. I don't think it was moronic.

TiredofLosing20 is offline Plus Member Since September 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Every team also invests in a punter that they hope never plays. Luckily, teams aren't required to build their roster around hope - but instead, can use logic.
    How many teams invest a fourth round pick in a punter?

CrimsonTribe is offline Plus Member Since 08/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredofLosing20 View Post
    How many teams invest a fourth round pick in a punter?
    None (the Jags used a 3rd... LOLZ).

JDubs is offline Plus Member since 9/10 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Question it: Yes. Act like this is some tragedy that proves Shanny is a moron: No.
    I was going to say the exact same thing. Everyone questioned the move. It's fun to play Monday morning quarterback, but that's all it should be in this case. Instead, the media exaggerated a ready-made story and haters are buying into the yellow journalism.

I think it is a strength that Shanahan trusts his system and doesn't listen to those outside of it. At least that's what everyone says when Belichek does it...

Quote Originally Posted by JDubs View Post
    At least that's what everyone says when Belichek does it...
    The additional piling on has something to do with it being the Redskins. They have not made a ton of smart decisions recently.

The additional piling on has something to do with it being the Redskins. They have not made a ton of smart decisions recently.

The Redskins have drafted 20 players in the past two drafts. I'm not too worried about this Cousins pick, at all. There have a DE that they drafted last year, Jenkins coming off of injury that they are very high on, along with WR Hankerson. Yes, the Redskins have made bad decisions but the majority of them came from the Vinny Ceratto era. Shanny had the McNabb f-up but thats it. They have been drafting well and it is going to show very soon. They have a plan and know what they are doing, this isn't the old Skins, different people are in charge.

OrioleMagic is offline Plus Member since 12/03 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Please let this go.

Dr. FLK is offline Plus Member Since 12/05 All-Star Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying that. The move was a headscratcher to people outside of the organization, which seems to be par for the course when it comes to the Redskins and drafting.
    You don't? I feel like everyone is acting like this is the most insane draft pick ever (like Wilbon, Boswell, etc...). And now, some people are even suggesting that the pick of Cousins was race-motivated. This pick is completely blown out of proportion.

Personally, I'm a little surprised by it. But, Cousins seemed to be really impressing people during his workouts and the combine. I'm surprised he was still there, and I think it was a good value pick. It wasn't a great pick based on need alone, but I think that's a pretty crummy way to draft. I don't see anything else that I was dying to have there, so I'm cool with the pick.

Dr. FLK is offline Plus Member Since 12/05 All-Star Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    The additional piling on has something to do with you being an Eagles fan. GO win a Superbowl or something, would ya?

You don't? I feel like everyone is acting like this is the most insane draft pick ever (like Wilbon, Boswell, etc...). And now, some people are even suggesting that the pick of Cousins was race-motivated. This pick is completely blown out of proportion.

Personally, I'm a little surprised by it. But, Cousins seemed to be really impressing people during his workouts and the combine. I'm surprised he was still there, and I think it was a good value pick. It wasn't a great pick based on need alone, but I think that's a pretty crummy way to draft. I don't see anything else that I was dying to have there, so I'm cool with the pick.
    This is pretty much where I am. It's either a good cheap back up, or it's a trade chip down the line. If they didn't like anything else out there in the 4th I don't see what all the hub-bub is about.

Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    This is pretty much where I am. It's either a good cheap back up, or it's a trade chip down the line. If they didn't like anything else out there in the 4th I don't see what all the hub-bub is about.
    Agreed. Personally, I would have been happy with OT Massie from Ole Miss or even C Blake from Baylor. But taking Cousins as an insurance policy doesn't make me wanna jump off the nearest bridge. At some point, either as a trade chip or a back-up, he will have value to the Redskins.

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    Agreed. Personally, I would have been happy with OT Massie from Ole Miss or even C Blake from Baylor. But taking Cousins as an insurance policy doesn't make me wanna jump off the nearest bridge. At some point, either as a trade chip or a back-up, he will have value to the Redskins.
    When it comes to OL I tend to ignore ratings and trust Shanny because his system is so specific that a guy might be rated a 7th rounder, but in his system could be a legit starter. It makes it hard to get upset about his picks because I know he'll sign 2-3 undrafted FA that can make the team and contribute when he sees what he is looking for.

The additional piling on has something to do with you being an Eagles fan. GO win a Superbowl or something, would ya?
    I don't think I am piling on really. Nothing would make me more happy than to see the Redskins flounder . I just thought the pick was strange that's all really.

Trust me I am definitely suffering from Superbowl envy!!!!!

backwardsk is online now Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Bump this.

Does Rex lead a comeback against Baltimore and beat Cleveland?

Why does the WaPo let Boswell write about Football?