+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

eddie83 is offline Plus Member since June 2008 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooreisbetter27 View Post
    He "dropped" the stat I posted. About the O's only winning 5 times when trailing after 7 innings all of last year and now 5 times this April.
    Sorry, misread. Ready for the Yanks.

Don Quixote is offline Plus Member Since 4/10 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Amber Theoharis on tonight's WRC sports report: "Cue that cheesy Orioles music song."

O REALLY?

OFFNY is offline Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    o
    ORIOLES MAGIC CIGAM SELOIRO

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooreisbetter27 View Post
    So all of last year we won 5 games when trailing after 7 innings.

This APRIL we've won 5 times when trailing after 7 innings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi View Post
    Is this stat for real?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wedge View Post
    Thorne dropped it in during the bottom of the 9th, either right before or right after Wieters tied it up.
    It's for real.

April 13: Trailing 5-4 after 7, the O's score 2 in the 8th and 1 in the 9th to beat the Blue Jays, 7-5.
    April 14: Trailing 4-2 after 7, the O's score 1 in the 9th and 2 in the 9th to beat the Blue Jays, 6-4.
    April 16: Trailing 4-1 after 7, the O's score 1 in the 8th and 2 in the 9th and 6 in the 10th to beat the White Sox, 10-4.
    April 22: Trailing 1-0 after 7, the O's score 2 and allow 1 in the 8th, then score 1 in the 10th to beat the Angels, 3-2.
    April 29: Trailing 2-0 after 7, the O's score 5 in the 9th to beat the A's, 5-2.

Also of note: the Orioles are 8-0 when leading after 7 innings.

Oriology is offline Plus Member since 07/11 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post
    It's for real.

April 13: Trailing 5-4 after 7, the O's score 2 in the 8th and 1 in the 9th to beat the Blue Jays, 7-5.
    April 14: Trailing 4-2 after 7, the O's score 1 in the 9th and 2 in the 9th to beat the Blue Jays, 6-4.
    April 16: Trailing 4-1 after 7, the O's score 1 in the 8th and 2 in the 9th and 6 in the 10th to beat the White Sox, 10-4.
    April 22: Trailing 1-0 after 7, the O's score 2 and allow 1 in the 8th, then score 1 in the 10th to beat the Angels, 3-2.
    April 29: Trailing 2-0 after 7, the O's score 5 in the 9th to beat the A's, 5-2.

Also, I remember Thorne mentioning yesterday that the O's have won some obscene number of consecutive games when allowing 2 runs or fewer (I forget, but it was at least 50 and I think may have been even higher). I thought that streak was coming to an end. I was wrong.

Last season we won two games after trailing in the Ninth. And one was 162.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Don Quixote is offline Plus Member Since 4/10 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriology View Post
    Also, I remember Thorne mentioning yesterday that the O's have won some obscene number of consecutive games when allowing 2 runs or fewer (I forget, but it was at least 50 and I think may have been even higher). I thought that streak was coming to an end. I was wrong.
    I think it's up to 57 now (at least).

It's one series at a time. You can't win all the games, but a playoff team wins (most of) the series. That's what the Orioles accomplished during the weekend.

I had he pleasure of catching the last few innings of the game yesterday and it was a real treat. Let's hope they continue that in NY this week. Winning this serious would really help bring some credibility to our season. Let's go O's!

callahan09 is offline Plus Member Since 9/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    Last season we won two games after trailing in the Ninth. And one was 162.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Wow. And haven't we won 3 games after trailing in the 9th already this year? Am I right on that?

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Wow. And haven't we won 3 games after trailing in the 9th already this year? Am I right on that?
    A's, Whitesox, what was the third?

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by isestrex View Post
    They mentioned it on the broadcast today and yesterday as well. I assume it's legit. It just speaks to how miserably pathetic they were last year and finding a way to come from behind.
    When your pitching is putting your further behind in the 7th+ it makes it harder to mount a comeback.

Catch 8 is offline Plus Member Since July 2009 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post
    It's for real.

This is a reflection on very good managing.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    I think it's up to 57 now (at least).
    Time for a new streak.