+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bragging Rights

MikeAD is offline Plus Member Since 07/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Bragging Rights

So the show has looked great (although I've only read results). I have tuned in for this Cena and Lesnar match. Up until now Brock has just beat him senseless.

Interesting.

MikeAD is offline Plus Member Since 07/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Oh wow Super Cena comes out at the end and wins...FU on the stares.

Wow...

I guess its called the Attitude Adjustment now. Whatever.

Weird. I wonder where this goes next? From the way the match went I thought Brock would win, give Cena a little break and he would be back at SummerSlam or something.

Lol so I realize that
    A. I called this Bragging Rights when I meant Extreme Rules and
    B. I am now posts 1-4.

After the match Cena gave a speech saying he was going away for awhile, as in management would punish him for speaking his mind. He didn't really speak his mind, just said he gave his all. Interesting.

Also tonight, Orton beat Kane, Rhodes won the US title back, Punk beat Jericho. Also HHH will be on Raw tomorrow to make an address.

Dipper9 is offline Plus Member Since 03/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reading the results, it seemed like a great event. No idea why they'd have Brock lose this match though. Absolutely ridiculous.

ShaneDawg85 is offline Plus Member Since April 2009 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I'm really not pleased with Cody winning over Big Show. Put aside the whole giving Show his Mania moment, if this was the result, why have Rhodes lose the title in the first place? You've essentially accomplished nothing other than interrupting a title reign, made Big Show a Grand Slam Champion, and left Cody exactly where he was. I said it in my Mania review that the only reason to keep the IC title on Cody was if he was going to break the Honky Tonk Man's record, or if he actually wins one of the major titles while holding the belt at the same time a la Ultimate Warrior. You threw the one option out the window at Mania, and right now Cody is likely behind Del Rio and Mark Henry and probably Daniel Bryan for the WH title. So again, what have you accomplished having Rhodes stick with an irrelevant title? Nothing as far as I can see, as Big Show never defended it and we are exactly where we were March 31.

Just watching the 3 minute review of Lesnar vs. Cena it looked like an insane match. Not Attitude Era in full, but very brutal and physical. I'm going to have to check it out when it shows up on YouTube. Not sure how I feel about Cena winning in terms of the big picture, but if he's "leaving" for a bit then that will make some people happy and allow them to develop something else storyline wise.

I have a strong feeling we're heading to a Lesner/HHH match somewhere down the road, since he's supposed to talk "business" with JL tonight, which can only mean Lesnar kicks the crap out of HHH.

Dipper9 is offline Plus Member Since 03/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneDawg85 View Post
    Just watching the 3 minute review of Lesnar vs. Cena it looked like an insane match. Not Attitude Era in full, but very brutal and physical. I'm going to have to check it out when it shows up on YouTube. Not sure how I feel about Cena winning in terms of the big picture, but if he's "leaving" for a bit then that will make some people happy and allow them to develop something else storyline wise.

I have a strong feeling we're heading to a Lesner/HHH match somewhere down the road, since he's supposed to talk "business" with JL tonight, which can only mean Lesnar kicks the crap out of HHH.
    I hope so. That's a match I want to see. I know the internet bashes Triple H all the time, but I think he's one of the greats and brings it 100% every time he's in that ring.

I've also read rumors of a Lesnar vs. Orton match, possibly at Summer Slam. Now that is a match I would be interested in seeing if they can get Randy in the right mindset for it. An angry viper makes for a good match.