+ Reply to Thread
    Flacco Machado is offline Plus Member since 9/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

2012 Ravens: Offensive Line Scenarios

Scenario #1:
    LT McKinnie
    LG Reid
    C Birk
    RG Yanda
    RT Oher

Scenario #2:
    LT McKinnie
    LG Osemele
    C Birk
    RG Yanda
    RT Oher

Scenario #3:
    LT Oher
    LG Osemele
    C Birk
    RG Yanda
    RT Reid

There were a few more I could have gone with, but it involved Osemele and Gradkowski in the lineup together and I don't think you will see that happen this year, unless injuries come into play.

By all accounts, K.O. does not have the talent to play tackle. The Ravens will probably try, but I hope they don't keep going back and forth with this guy. Keep him at guard and be done with it.

The big question is Jah Reid. I like his potential, but where is he best suited? He could be a really solid RT, if he can manage the speed rushers. If he does, what do you do with Michael Oher? I feel like this question comes up every year. Potential-wise, I really like Scenario #3. Double-O on the left side would be a firece tandem. But, most likely, Scenario #1 will be our line to open the season. What are your thoughts?

JohnnyK27 is offline Plus Member Since 01/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Flacco Machado View Post
    Scenario #1:
    LT McKinnie
    LG Reid
    C Birk
    RG Yanda
    RT Oher

Scenario #2:
    LT McKinnie
    LG Osemele
    C Birk
    RG Yanda
    RT Oher

Scenario #3:
    LT Oher
    LG Osemele
    C Birk
    RG Yanda
    RT Reid

There were a few more I could have gone with, but it involved Osemele and Gradkowski in the lineup together and I don't think you will see that happen this year, unless injuries come into play.

By all accounts, K.O. does not have the talent to play tackle. The Ravens will probably try, but I hope they don't keep going back and forth with this guy. Keep him at guard and be done with it.

The big question is Jah Reid. I like his potential, but where is he best suited? He could be a really solid RT, if he can manage the speed rushers. If he does, what do you do with Michael Oher? I feel like this question comes up every year. Potential-wise, I really like Scenario #3. Double-O on the left side would be a firece tandem. But, most likely, Scenario #1 will be our line to open the season. What are your thoughts?
    How would scenario three be good potential wise when Oher is a mediocre LT? The problem is the Ravens need a long term solution at LT. The best the Ravens can hope for this year is that McKinnie comes in and is much improved condition wise and is the pro bowl level guy he was a few years ago with the Vikings.

RHall31 is offline Plus Member Since July 2009 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK27 View Post
    How would scenario three be good potential wise when Oher is a mediocre LT? The problem is the Ravens need a long term solution at LT. The best the Ravens can hope for this year is that McKinnie comes in and is much improved condition wise and is the pro bowl level guy he was a few years ago with the Vikings.
    I think the most likely scenario is Reid stays a backup(barring injuries), Osemele learns whatever position(s) the Ravens want to try him at, and Ozzie signs a roster cut to play left guard.

JohnnyK27 is offline Plus Member Since 01/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by RHall31 View Post
    I think the most likely scenario is Reid stays a backup(barring injuries), Osemele learns whatever position(s) the Ravens want to try him at, and Ozzie signs a roster cut to play left guard.
    I think Jason Brown is the likely scenario. However the Ravens seem to think Osemele can step right in.

Let's see how it plays out in camps. LG seems wide open and it wouldn't shock me if they shift around the Tackles either. I do think we probably sign another veteran.