+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Cerrano View Post
    You have a phone capable of connecting to the internet but can't afford $30 a year for this.

    Got it. Moving on.....
    Right, whatever you say champ.

  2. #17
    AgentOrange's Avatar
    AgentOrange is offline Plus member since 03/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pasadena MD
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by baltimoreO's22 View Post
    My apologies for missing the off topic forum, I was posting from my phone and didn't scroll down. Thanks for clearing up the reason for the charge.

    In response to Pedro Cerrano I am a full time college student and was offered an internship, which doesn't pay, and I accepted because it will allow me to get a higher paying job in the future. Because of that choice I am limited in my expenses and cannot afford luxuries such as this. With that being said, I feel that was a pretty disrespectful comment, and if that is the only type of response you have then why even post anything? I don't see the necessity in that comment, but if that makes you feel better to belittle others then more power to you.

    Tony, I was always under the impression that this site was an affiliate of the Orioles, and figured that they were backing the site. If not then the charge is completely understandable, being an IT student I understand the costs associated with running a site. Thanks again for taking time to respond to my question.
    I feel as though he posted that because he has been there before. A lot of us have been there before. It gets really tired and old when people complain about money. I was in college too, I had an internship that didn't pay, I wanted to have some extra spending cash while I was in college, so I got an extra job. Was it a lot of work? Yes. But thats the way it is.

    I don't know what other people's income levels are, and frankly I don't care. I have a college degree and when times got tough, I did manual labor to keep my family above water. I still had an account here because I thought the payment was justified. I just worked longer hours so that the money situation worked out.

    I am not even going to comment on the $30, because that could be a big deal or not depending on your money situation. All I will say is, if you want to post here after 500 posts, you have to pay. IMO, its worth it. But it may not be worth it to you.

    So short story long, please don't complain about the membership dues. If you want to be a part of this community, you will figure it out. Everyone else here has.

  3. #18
    Lucky Jim's Avatar
    Lucky Jim is offline Plus Member since 12/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY.
    Posts
    11,957
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    All I will say is, if you want to post here after 500 posts, you have to pay. IMO, its worth it. But it may not be worth it to you.
    This is really what it comes down to.

    Edited to say: that's not an indictment in any way, and it may well be that other priorities do outweigh the membership fee.
    Last edited by Lucky Jim; 05-01-2012 at 12:30 PM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I feel as though he posted that because he has been there before. A lot of us have been there before. It gets really tired and old when people complain about money. I was in college too, I had an internship that didn't pay, I wanted to have some extra spending cash while I was in college, so I got an extra job. Was it a lot of work? Yes. But thats the way it is.

    I don't know what other people's income levels are, and frankly I don't care. I have a college degree and when times got tough, I did manual labor to keep my family above water. I still had an account here because I thought the payment was justified. I just worked longer hours so that the money situation worked out.

    I am not even going to comment on the $30, because that could be a big deal or not depending on your money situation. All I will say is, if you want to post here after 500 posts, you have to pay. IMO, its worth it. But it may not be worth it to you.

    So short story long, please don't complain about the membership dues. If you want to be a part of this community, you will figure it out. Everyone else here has.
    I wasn't complaining at all, I just asked the reason why there was a charge, because I was under the impression that this board was actually affiliated with the Orioles. The only reason I even went on any further is because I felt disrespected by a certain persons comment. I understand the reason for the charge and I have no complaints. It's just simply not something I can justify spending $30 on at the moment, because I don't like to live above my means. In other words, I'd rather save my money in case an accident comes up where I need to have some cash put away rather than spending it on an Orioles Forum.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hung on for the ride.
    Posts
    61,690
    Quote Originally Posted by baltimoreO's22 View Post
    I wasn't complaining at all, I just asked the reason why there was a charge, because I was under the impression that this board was actually affiliated with the Orioles. The only reason I even went on any further is because I felt disrespected by a certain persons comment. I understand the reason for the charge and I have no complaints. It's just simply not something I can justify spending $30 on at the moment, because I don't like to live above my means. In other words, I'd rather save my money in case an accident comes up where I need to have some cash put away rather than spending it on an Orioles Forum.
    Lets make peace here. Now that you understnd that the Orioles have nothing to do with the funding of this site, I am sure that you have no objection to becoming a plus member when it feels like the right time for you. We get trolled on this issue often and it is a sensitive subject to many of the long term loyals here. Tony was very polite and he is the boss. Glad to have your participation and when the time comes for you to make your choice I am certain that it will be the correct one.

  6. #21
    Gurgi's Avatar
    Gurgi is offline Plus Member Since 6/05 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Glen Burnie
    Posts
    6,915
    If your in college then $36 bucks is like three cases of cheap beer or a small bag of weed. Got to prioritize!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Halethorpe, MD
    Posts
    8,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi View Post
    If your in college then $36 bucks is like three cases of cheap beer or a small bag of weed. Got to prioritize!
    Slightly more than that but spread out over the course of an entire year.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Waynesbar and Grill, PA
    Posts
    66,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi View Post
    If your in college then $36 bucks is like three cases of cheap beer or a small bag of weed. Got to prioritize!
    Just say no.

  9. #24
    RavNMadMan's Avatar
    RavNMadMan is offline Plus Member since 8/11 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    People's Republic of Pasadena, Maryland
    Posts
    4,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Cerrano View Post
    Plus membership is what, 10 cents a day? If you can't afford that I'm not sure how you can afford a computer.
    ...or internet access

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

OriolesHangout.com is an unofficial site and not associated with the Baltimore Orioles and part of Hangout Ventures LLC. Copyright ©2013 | Privacy Policy | Advertise with us