Stoglin Leaving?

Dr. FLK

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he enjoys playing in Siberia because that's where he'll be in about five years. Just a dumb decision, but the more I read up on Stoglin its not out of character. He probably saw all the talent coming in and realized he wouldn't be allowed to throw the ball up 25 times a game again. Stoglin ended up another Gilchrest but without the one magical run through the Conference tourney.

I love how Stoglin re-tweeted this: "Terrell Stoglin going to the NBA draft...terps basketball is screwed now. The man is a beast and the #Truth", saying that the Terps are screwed. Just rubs me the wrong way.

I wonder if that was a relative? Sheesh...this guy is going to be lucky to get drafted.

He was facing a year long suspension for violating the student-athlete code of conduct so he's leaving.

Colossal blow to the program. Just speechless.

Unfortunately, this is the kind of "people" Williams was left with with his lack of recruiting effort. Thankfully, Turgeon and his staff is doing a great job recruiting and will have quality players and people in this program soon. It stinks because Stoglin was a good player, but he's questionable "people" to say the least. The retweet of the "Maryland basketball is screwed" speaks of his lack of character and honestly, the program is probably better off without him. I think this goes to show how impressive Turgeon really was during his first year, balancing winning and Stoglin's attitude.

I wish Stoglin was a better guy, but the guy is a knucklehead so c'est la vie. I'm still excited about the future of this team and now this gives Faust more of an opportunity to be the player he supposed to be next year.

It's nowhere near the blow some are making it out to be. Will hurt early in the year but by mid Jan we will be a pretty good team. Stoglin was the Carmelo of MD basketball. He took too many shots and the ball generally stopped moving when he touched it. When he was on he could carry a team, when he was off he hurt the team. Now last year, with our lack of talent who really cares if he didn't play good team ball because we weren't going to win anyway. It still drove Turg nuts, but ultimately it didn't make a difference. This year would have had to be different. I believe in the incoming freshmen and believe eventually they will make up for the loss of Stoglin.

ALl you need to know is the difference between how Stoglin and Parker have handled their suspensions. Parker transfers and goes out writing a letter praising Turg, the program, and the University. We see how Stoglin is apparently handling it with his tweets. Maturity vs immaturty, responsibility vs irresponsibility. There is no way Stoglin and Turg would have made this work next year. Stoglin is just too selfish and hard-headed. Better to wipe the slate clean and have good chemistry from the very beginning. We'll be better in the long run.

He was facing a year long suspension for violating the student-athlete code of conduct so he's leaving.

Colossal blow to the program. Just speechless.

Eh. He was a fantastic scorer, and I think there's little doubt we're a better team with him. Calling it a colossal blow is a bit much for me, though. He was likely to be gone after next year anyway.

I was never a huge Stoglin fan, but I do think he legitimately tried to become a more complete player under Turgeon last year, so I give him credit for that.

Unfortunately, this is the kind of "people" Williams was left with with his lack of recruiting effort. Thankfully, Turgeon and his staff is doing a great job recruiting and will have quality players and people in this program soon. It stinks because Stoglin was a good player, but he's questionable "people" to say the least. The retweet of the "Maryland basketball is screwed" speaks of his lack of character and honestly, the program is probably better off without him. I think this goes to show how impressive Turgeon really was during his first year, balancing winning and Stoglin's attitude.

I wish Stoglin was a better guy, but the guy is a knucklehead so c'est la vie. I'm still excited about the future of this team and now this gives Faust more of an opportunity to be the player he supposed to be next year.

Well, I think that I want to hear more about what happened before I jump to any conclusions, although a year-long suspension suggests past incidents. I'm guessing it was either drug related or academics (maybe both?) but, again, I'd like to hear why, exactly, he was facing a year-long suspension.

As for the retweet, I think he's being an emotional kid right now. I've read his twitter feed and it sounds to me like he wanted to stay. If he wanted to really enter the NBA Draft he would have declared already. Sure, the retweet was not in great taste, but when you're emotional it's very easy to simply hit "retweet" on your twitter page.

I don't think the program is better off without him. I think next year we were looking at a top-25 team with a real chance to win a few games in the NCAA Tournament. Add in the fact that UNC is losing 4/5 of its starters and dook's recruiting class resembles a turd a dog leaves on the carpet and that makes this hurt all the more -- I was genuinely excited about next year's prospects.

I do agree that Faust will now have the opportunity to flourish as our go-to scorer in the back court but next year's success (or lack thereof) will be predicated on Len and Cleare.

It's nowhere near the blow some are making it out to be. Will hurt early in the year but by mid Jan we will be a pretty good team. Stoglin was the Carmelo of MD basketball. He took too many shots and the ball generally stopped moving when he touched it. When he was on he could carry a team, when he was off he hurt the team. Now last year, with our lack of talent who really cares if he didn't play good team ball because we weren't going to win anyway. It still drove Turg nuts, but ultimately it didn't make a difference. This year would have had to be different. I believe in the incoming freshmen and believe eventually they will make up for the loss of Stoglin.

ALl you need to know is the difference between how Stoglin and Parker have handled there suspensions. Parker transfers and goes out writing a letter praising Turg, the program, and the University. We see how Stoglin is apparently handling it with his tweets. Maturity vs immaturty, responsibility vs irresponsibility. There is no way Stoglin and Turg would have made this work next year. Stoglin is just too selfish and hard-headed. Better to wipe the slate clean and have good chemistry from the very beginning. We'll be better in the long run.

You say it's not a huge blow and then compare him to one of the best freshmen in NCAA history?:confused:

Archived