+ Reply to Thread

Where's Machado?

With so much buzz about Dylan Bundy, I can't even find a thread about Machado. I've heard that he's doing well this year, but that's about it. Anyone know what's going on with him? He is our #2 prospect and a guy that is supposed to be a super star, right?!! Can anyone provide some insight? Has anyone gone to see him play?

glenn__davis is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    He's at Bowie. Been scuffling a little bit, but nothing too alarming for such a young player in that league. I suspect he'll spend the whole season there and hopefully be ready for Norfolk next year.

Here's a link to his stats if you're interested...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=machad001man

LookinUp is offline Plus Member Since 6/08 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I didn't notice before clicking on that link, but despite the low B.A., Machado still has a +.100 delta between his OBP and BA. Very nice. K's are a little high, but not alarming given age and new league.

Quote Originally Posted by LookinUp View Post
    I didn't notice before clicking on that link, but despite the low B.A., Machado still has a +.100 delta between his OBP and BA. Very nice. K's are a little high, but not alarming given age and new league.
    I have seen him several times with Bowie this year. He is not dominating the league like Wieters. Wieters was not 19. He is just fine. Just fine.

Slappy is offline Plus Member Since 07/09 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    I have seen him several times with Bowie this year. He is not dominating the league like Wieters. Wieters was not 19. He is just fine. Just fine.
    We hope, right? His numbers weren't great last year at A+. He's still a scouting prospect, thus far. Still young though.

Machado has a .742 OPS at age 19 in AA in 86 at bats. I looked up another 19 year old AA infielder, who had a
    .587 OPS in 61 at bats. The other guy's name is Cal Ripken, Jr.