+ Reply to Thread

Skip Bayless says...(you already know this is going to tick you off...)

That the Skins are racist for drafting Cousins after drafting RG3. I guess the Colts are super racist for taking two white QBs. Stephen A Smith destroyed him.

CrimsonTribe is offline Plus Member Since 08/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Floater View Post
    That the Skins are racist for drafting Cousins after drafting RG3. I guess the Colts are super racist for taking two white QBs. Stephen A Smith destroyed him.
    This seems to be an even lower level of discourse than normal.

He pulled the race card out of no where, saying the black QB isn't protected enough and the majority of Skins season ticket holders are probably white and will put pressure on Shanny to play Cousins if RG3 starts off slow and boo him. Skip doesn't understand a lot of things with the way teams work. What is sad is that he is up for Sports Analyst of the year for the Sports Emmys tonight.

After seeing it all over twitter, then finally watching it, he isn't really calling the Skins organization racist, or at least not directly, but took more of a shot at the fan base.
    Last edited by Floater; 04-30-2012 at 12:53 PM.

waroriole is online now Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    This is what ESPN thinks of you.

Aglets is offline Plus Member since 12/10 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Skip Bayless carefully calculates what he can say that will maximize ratings and controversy and then he says that thing. It continues to work for him.

backwardsk is online now Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    He's just trying to beat Feinstein to the punch.

Spoonless is offline Plus Member since 2006 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglets View Post
    Skip Bayless carefully calculates what he can say that will maximize ratings and controversy and then he says that thing. It continues to work for him.
    You ever see that smirk he gets as he starts to formulate the most ridiculous point he can make? I don't know if it's Stockholm Syndrome or what, but I've actually come to kind of enjoy Skip, for just how riled up he can get viewers.

Don Quixote is offline Plus Member Since 4/10 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I don't remember what year I stopped paying attention to Skip Bayless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aglets View Post
    People always talk about it in this way but in no way does him saying this make me or most others go watch them. I just read about it and shake my head. Sure the stuff he says (which is calculated) keeps his name out there but it doesn't really draw viewers in to check him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Floater View Post
    I guess, according to Ball-less, they were also racist when they traded away a lot of their future in order to draft RGIII. Leave it to someone at ESPN to bring up a racial conspiracy theory; I guess it's been a week or two since the last time.

waroriole is online now Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySoprano View Post
    I guess, according to Ball-less, they were also racist when they traded away a lot of their future in order to draft RGIII. Leave it to someone at ESPN to bring up a racial conspiracy theory; I guess it's been a week or two since the last time.
    Yep, same network that put Rush Limbaugh on TV.

Shame on you, you bunch of fickle, racist fans.

xKHx is offline Plus Member Since 7/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by waroriole View Post
    Yep, same network that put Rush Limbaugh on TV.
    Same on that had Keith Olbermann too.....