+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526

Thread: 4/30 vs Yankees

clapdiddy is offline Plus Member Since 02/03 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Firestone View Post
    The guy has a total of 3 RBI's. He's struck out nearly HALF of his plate appearances in April. He has been a butcher in the field(except for yesterday).He didnt KiLL them tonight, he's done it all year.
    It looked as if he was getting his stroke back, but he looked awful at the plate tonight. I did miss his first AB, so I don't know what he did there.

I realize he's done it in the past, but he really needs to make a concerted effort to hit the ball to right field. They just keep pitching him away and he keeps trying to pull it.

Lucky Jim is offline Plus Member since 12/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by clapdiddy View Post
    It looked as if he was getting his stroke back, but he looked awful at the plate tonight. I did miss his first AB, so I don't know what he did there.

I realize he's done it in the past, but he really needs to make a concerted effort to hit the ball to right field. They just keep pitching him away and he keeps trying to pull it.
    He smoked a ball at Teix. Good swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    He smoked a ball at Teix. Good swing.
    Listen, I really hope Mark gets it together. I have no agenda against the guy, its just that he's traditionally bad in April and this year he's been historically bad,
    even for him.
    His lack of plate discipline and high strikeout ratio coupled with his lack of anything else to offer is detrimental to this team.Simply put, the Orioles cant afford to have him play this badly.

Lucky Jim is offline Plus Member since 12/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Firestone View Post
    Listen, I really hope Mark gets it together. I have no agenda against the guy, its just that he's traditionally bad in April and this year he's been historically bad,
    even for him.
    His lack of plate discipline and high strikeout ratio coupled with his lack of anything else to offer is detrimental to this team.Simply put, the Orioles cant afford to have him play this badly.
    But he really wasn't the issue tonight. He's clearly been terrible, but he's no more responsible tonight than anyone not named Hammel.

OFFNY is offline Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    We were jobbed on Teixeira's single up the first baseline immediately preceding Chavez' 2-run hoime run in the second inning. Foul ball.