+ Reply to Thread
    OrioleMagic is offline Plus Member since 12/03 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Has anybody read Grisham's Calico Joe?

I am just curious if it's worth buying in hardback or just waiting and reading it from the library...

It's pretty good. You can tell where it is going pretty early, and the ending isn't very surprising, but it was a good read, and did a very good job making use of baseball to move the plot for a story that didn't necessarily need it.

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Just read this in 24 hours at the beach. It was a fun, light read, similar in style and feel to the book he wrote about the high school football coach a few years back. Not a book I would have bought for myself in hardback.