+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Dipper9 is offline Plus Member Since 03/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Firestone View Post
    I was referring to the innings AFTER the 1-0 lead. "Building" means adding to the one run they had. They didnt even have a runner reach second base again till the seventh. They may have hit the
    ball hard, but they didnt work counts, didnt try and get Kuroda off his rhythm, nothing. They just go and sleepwalk. They do this alot over the years .
    Why is it that when an Orioles opponent scores low runs, we talk about what a great game the O's pitcher threw, but when the Orioles are held down, we talk about how our offense sucks? I get the whole "we can't beat the Yankees" stuff, as I feel it too, but sometimes, like last night, you have to tip your cap to the opposing pitcher. It was a great, close, well pitched ballgame for both sides, and we came up one run short. Nothing more, nothing less.

andrewochs615 is online now Plus Member since 07/11 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    As frustrating as that game was there were a few positives to come out of it. Both Hammel and the bullpen still looked good, and we were in it to the end. One has to think that eventually we will eventually overcome this mental block against the yankees.

glenn__davis is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Firestone View Post
    I was referring to the innings AFTER the 1-0 lead. "Building" means adding to the one run they had. They didnt even have a runner reach second base again till the seventh. They may have hit the
    ball hard, but they didnt work counts, didnt try and get Kuroda off his rhythm, nothing. They just go and sleepwalk. They do this alot over the years .
    You can't work counts if a pitcher is throwing strikes, as Kuroda was. It does you now good to "be patient" and get yourself down 0-2 every time.

Other than the Davis at-bat, I think they had a good game plan last night, they just didn't get any breaks at all. If just 1 or 2 of those balls had found some holes we might be talking about a different game.