+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    CA-ORIOLE is offline Plus Members Since 9/11 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTribe View Post
    I'm not sure what the point of this comment is. Are you saying that he should have expected to or deserved to be physically assaulted for cheering at a baseball game?

Certainly not deserved and less than expected. Seriously, it's not that hard to get the point.

I am sorry this happened to you, but I disagree with those saying this reflects New York City or even the Yankees as a whole. I've been to Yankee Stadium (old and new combined) about ten times and the most I usually get is some sarcastic comments from security guards and some fans. I expect to get some flack when I go because I'm rooting for the road team. But I always think about how obnoxious and annoying the Yankee and Red Sox fans are that come to Baltimore and I vow to not stoop to their level especially because I look like a real idiot when the Orioles lose (as I saw many times last year including the 5-0 blown lead in April and both halves of the day night doubleheader in July where the O's lost 17-3 in the nightcap). It is nauseating to watch the Orioles lose in person there but it is extra sweet when they win.

BTW, I will never sit in the bleachers. The true diehards sit out there and I don't want any part of that. I usually sit somewhere in the upper deck. It's cheap and generally safe.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by actorgersh View Post
    BTW, I will never sit in the bleachers. The true diehards (idiots) sit out there and I don't want any part of that. I usually sit somewhere in the upper deck. It's cheap and generally safe.
    So you take some precautions and are aware of your surroundings. Good for you. Go to a Padres game or an Angels game and you can sit anywhere and cheer as much as you want without much worry (imo).
    Last edited by CA-ORIOLE; 05-01-2012 at 02:34 PM.

El Gordo is offline Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by grimed1 View Post
    Stay away from Section 328. I have been to 20 baseball stadiums and 99 % of the people are nice. Some just come for a fight or get boozed up and get rowdy.

Oddly enough, the Yankees weren?t even playing the Red Sox when it happened Friday. The fan just happened to be wearing her Boston pride on her head when the video shows her arguing with a group of men and women. She?s seen wrestling until she falls backward, banging her head against metal railing. Later, we see a woman pulling the Red Sox fan?s hair.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...nkee-stadium/1

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/04/3...ankee-stadium/
    I'm surprised people with such obviously low IQ's, have salaries high enough to be able to afford tickets to the Albert Speer Memorial Baseball Mausoleum.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I'm surprised people with such obviously low IQ's, have salaries high enough to be able to afford tickets to the Albert Speer Memorial Baseball Mausoleum.
    City workers and rent control.

sports fans

Some disturbed persons, known politely as sports fanatics, belong ideally in quiet sanatoriums. Instead they walk among us and many may be found in stadia, ball parks, and arenas. Just be grateful this particular gentleman was not armed because being loony tunes is not an impediment to a gun permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    Jets fans are still worse.
    I'm a hard hat wearing Jets Fan and am deeply offended by this remark.

Lucky Jim is offline Plus Member since 12/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by CA-ORIOLE View Post
    I'm a hard hat wearing Jets Fan and am deeply offended by this remark.
    I'm not shocked by this at all. Exhibit A.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    I'm not shocked by this at all. Exhibit A.
    LOL, much better with a sense of humor. I do tend to get worked up a bit at Jets games. Never grabbed a lawyer by the neck though.

OFFNY is offline Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Some disturbed persons, known politely as sports fanatics, belong ideally in quiet sanatoriums. Instead they walk among us and many may be found in stadia, ball parks, and arenas. Just be grateful this particular gentleman was not armed because being loony tunes is not an impediment to a gun permit.
    Well ........ a gun permit is hardly necessarily for someone to get themselves a gun.

Although either way, they wouldn't let someone into Yankee Stadium with a gun ...... I think.

It must have been so frustrating that you were incapable of beating the hell out of him because of your surgery

OFFNY is offline Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Orioles4Life21 View Post
    It must have been so frustrating that the perpetrator didn't get knocked unconscious by a foul ball to the back of his head the second that he put his hands around your throat.
    I agree.

Thanks for all of your support. I really appreciate it.

I called the Yankees and filed an Official Complaint Report. They told me they are going to investigate this issue, and probably get back to me by next Monday, when the home stand is over. The person I talked to seemed really shocked that a fan would assault a defenseless person for no apparent reason. I forgot to mention this in my original post, but my roommate did tell that fan I am recently coming off back surgery and to lay off me, right before he attacked me.

I will let everyone know what the Yankees tell me and if anything results from this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Orioles4Life21 View Post
    It must have been so frustrating that you were incapable of beating the hell out of him because of your surgery
    Forget that... in 50 years or so, the ravages of old age will deal with the jerk far worse than he ever could have.

Revenge is sweet, sir.

SteveA is offline Plus member since 01/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I was once at a Yankee game vs the Twins in the early to mid 80s. I wore my Oriole clothing, and when Guidry had a no hitter into the 5th or 6th inning I tried to start a "We want a hit" chant. It didn't catch on.

I got a lot of dirty looks but no physical assaults.

Oh to be young and stupid again.

[And no, Guidry did not get the no hitter].