+ Reply to Thread

Amazing O's stats on May 1st

On May 1st;

The O's have the best run differential in the AL East at +18. This is even more amazing considering all 5 teams in the East had + run differentials to start the evening.

The O's have the 2nd best ERA in the AL and 4th in the Majors. They are only a hair behind the Rangers having given up only 1 more ER in nearly the same number of IP.

The O's are tied for 3rd in the majors in HRs and are keeping pace with the Yankees and Rangers despite the fact that their 2011 HR leader, Reynolds has 0 HRs through the first month of the season.

The O's bullpen leads the majors in Saves (10) and ERA (1.73 before 2 2/3 scoreless innings tonight).

The O's have as many late inning comeback wins (5) in the month of April as they had all of last season.

Amazing stuff so far and I'm excited to see what May brings!

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog View Post
    On May 1st;

The O's have the best run differential in the AL East at +18. This is even more amazing considering all 5 teams in the East had + run differentials to start the evening.

The O's have the 2nd best ERA in the AL and 4th in the Majors. They are only a hair behind the Rangers having given up only 1 more ER in nearly the same number of IP.

The O's are tied for 3rd in the majors in HRs and are keeping pace with the Yankees and Rangers despite the fact that their 2011 HR leader, Reynolds has 0 HRs through the first month of the season.

The O's bullpen leads the majors in Saves (10) and ERA (1.73 before 2 2/3 scoreless innings tonight).

The O's have as many late inning comeback wins (5) in the month of April as they had all of last season.

Amazing stuff so far and I'm excited to see what May brings!
    Bad starts impact the bullpen significantly and I expecting our starting pitching to take a hit at some point due to injury or fatigue or warmer weather. Our depth we acquired this offseason will be put to the test IMO.

What is impressive in all of that are the comeback wins, if we can continue to be relentless and competitive in the late innings than we can compete. I don't know the stats over the last 10 years for our comeback wins, but I bet it is subpar.