+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    ShaneDawg85 is offline Plus Member Since April 2009 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by waroriole View Post
    You trust him with a 6 run lead against the MFY? Maybe Buck was sending DD a message.
    If you're not going to release him then you have to give an opportunity at some point or another. If he can't hold a six run lead then he ought to just retire.

Quote Originally Posted by scOtt View Post
    I hate KG as much as anyone here... but it was touched on above... He needs to pitch. For himself and his own psyche, and to have any value whatsoever. And to ease the burden on the rest of the pen. I didn't see the game, and any Skank game is a special case... but he should have pitched tonight.
    I don't know if anyone "hates" him that's pretty strong language and quite a bit over the top if you ask me. He hasn't worked out, hasn't been worth the investment and hasn't produced. You can give some of the blame to MacPhail...it was his decision. I don't hate Kevin Gregg. I don't like his pitching results. Do I wish the Orioles could release him and maybe he could get going with another team? Yeah!

OFFNY is online now Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneDawg85 View Post
    If you're not going to release him then you have to give an opportunity at some point or another. If he can't hold a six run lead, then he ought to just retire.
    If Kevin Gregg voluntarily retired, there might be a party outside of OPACY. But THAT'S the problem. We ought to cut him, he ought to retire, but neither has and (unfortunately) will happen very soon. Buck's hands are tied, and it isn't his fault that we are essentially going with 24 players. And he certainly wasn't going to mess up Brian Matusz' desperately-needed win as a pitcher, and/or the Orioles' desperately-needed win as a team against the Yankees by having Kevin Gregg anywhere near the pitcher's mound last night.

Todd-O is offline Plus Member since 02/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFNY View Post
    If Kevin Gregg voluntarily retired, there might be a party outside of OPACY.
    Imagine if Gregg and Angelos came out of the warehouse together and announced their retirements (and sale of team...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOK...e_gdata_player

Ooooooohhhh!!!! is offline Plus Member Since 5/10 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I was watching Baseball Tonight and after Carlos Marmol blew another save they flashed this graphic:

Can't Control the Heat
    Lowest Strike PCT With Fastball This Season
    Kevin Gregg - 49.2
    Jonathan Sanchez - 51.8
    Carlos Marmol - 52.1
    Andrew Carnigan - 52.9

Ya gotta throw it over the plate!

Maybe the Yankees would be interested?

Seriously though, Joel Pinero might be coming for his roster spot.

oriole is offline Plus Member since 01/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by playbaltimorecom View Post
    Maybe the Yankees would be interested?

Seriously though, Joel Pinero might be coming for his roster spot.
    Not just Pinero. There are tons of options at Norfolk right now. Berken should be the long man. Neshek, Pomeranz, Socolovich, Eveland, Villarreal, Gonzalez...all pitchers doing better than average that would probably do a better job than Gregg. Its a wonder its gone this far really.

scOtt is offline Plus Member since 10-02 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by oriole View Post
    Not just Pinero. There are tons of options at Norfolk right now. Berken should be the long man. Neshek, Pomeranz, Socolovich, Eveland, Villarreal, Gonzalez...all pitchers doing better than average that would probably do a better job than Gregg. Its a wonder its gone this far really.
    Don't even forget about Bill frickin' Hall!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Roch
    Bill Hall hit his second home run, singled in another run and raised his average to .313. You can be sure the Orioles have noticed.
    Last edited by scOtt; 05-04-2012 at 04:21 AM.

OFFNY is online now Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooooooohhhh!!!! View Post
    I was watching Baseball Tonight and after Carlos Marmol blew another save they flashed this graphic:

Can't Control the Heat
    Lowest Strike PCT With Fastball This Season
    Kevin Gregg - 49.2
    Jonathan Sanchez - 51.8
    Carlos Marmol - 52.1
    Andrew Carnigan - 52.9

Ya gotta throw it over the plate!
    Sorry, but throwing the ball over the plate would be giving in, and we certainly wouldn't want our highest-paid pitcher to be giving in.

Ven6 is offline Plus Member Since 01/09 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    You guys clearly don't understand the plan with Kevin Gregg: DD and Buck need to keep him around for the next 3 games so, if the need arises,
    he can kick Ortiz's backside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven6 View Post
    You guys clearly don't understand the plan with Kevin Gregg: DD and Buck need to keep him around for the next 3 games so, if the need arises,
    he can kick Ortiz's backside.
    Lol!

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, but I will go back through it. Buck must not be very happy with Gregg. Dude can't even come in with a 8-0 lead and do mop up duty. I think Buck is making a statement to the FO on this. Gregg is not going to pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Snutchy View Post
    I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, but I will go back through it. Buck must not be very happy with Gregg. Dude can't even come in with a 8-0 lead and do mop up duty. I think Buck is making a statement to the FO on this. Gregg is not going to pitch.
    Egg on your face fat boy!

Pitching him here at the start if the ninth makes a lot of sense. He lets inherited runners score like a sieve.

1-2-3 inning, trade him now!!!!!!